JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should there be a minimum post count to use classifieds?

• Total voters
But what about guys like me:(

I'm Honest.:)
I'm good looking.:confused:
I'm intelligouent.o_O

Yet I can't sell a gun here for the life of me, so I have 0 positive feedback.:(

I HONESTLY don't know if it's the lack of positive feedback, the lack of $$ in S. Oregon, my prices (I price FAIRLY, not so someone can buy my gun and turn around and sell it for a profit:rolleyes:), or something else.

MAYBE I'm not as intouligient as I think I am...:s0107:.

I still think there should be some sort of remuneration for posting ads.
Maybe the first few for $5.00, then free for life, or the first one free for non-members............sumpin':s0022:

I think its just your location. Otherwise that PT1911 would be mine already. ;)

I wouldnt mind having to pay to access the classifieds.. It would weed out the riff raff.

I'm guessing location is 99% of your problem NoFlinch.

I think its just your location. Otherwise that PT1911 would be mine already. ;)

I wouldnt mind having to pay to access the classifieds.. It would weed out the riff raff.

I agree with Joe and ZA - your location makes it difficult. I've seen several listings of yours I was interested in, but can't justify a 5-6 hour drive one way to get them. You've had some good listings with good prices, and it's been a nice bonus that you even offered to finance. Maybe it's time to join us up north.

.......... Maybe it's time to join us up north.

HUH?
MOVE NORTH?
WHAT?
WHA' CHU' SAY?
YOU ON DRUGS?

I used to go to Ptld for our monthly "How to be a Banker" meetings.:confused:

Part of the compensation pkg. when they hired me (And I won't say which bank in the U.S......this was......, was overnight accommodations in a "4 star or better" hotel that accepted dogs........:):):D:D:cool::cool:

(that was just a quick side note):)

Point being, could not stand to be, nor can I now stand to be in extremely large cities, or being close to them.

Too close to the rif-raf gun shooters, like some on a certain firearms site that is based in the North West....:D:confused::):):):):);););):(:(:mad::mad::confused::cool::p:p:D:D:eek::oops::oops::rolleyes:o_O

This question has come up from time to time since we started the site, which is good because it gives me a chance to explain why we don't do this.

I try my best to stay true to my principles and beliefs in every aspect of my life. In many ways I compare running this site to the running of a government (though you didn't elect me :p). Personally, I prefer a small government with fewer laws, over a government proactively seeking remedies to 'what if' situations, and problems which don't actually exist. We try our best to keep our rules and policies to a minimum here, while still maintaining an atmosphere conducive to achieving the goals in our mission statement.

Though it seems to be the norm on other forums, I try to think critically about the choices I make for our sites, rather than blindly following others. I just don't see any upside, and quite a few negatives. I like the fact that I can tell people I meet that they can come on here and sell, from the start, for free. This is a major incentive for new members, and a very successful marketing point. We have many people who came here, started in the classified section, then slowly became more involved as they went. Those who want to do something shady will simply make the required number of junk posts, then do what they will. I myself sometimes join new forums to sell an item (usually auto related), find they have a policy such as this, and never return.

In the end, it's up to the buyer to do their homework on the seller, and determine if it's worth the risk based on that information.

You're a gem Joe! [Insert "Thumbs Up" emoticon here]

So many say "Every one has to start somewhere". Well I started buying some simple accessories first, not fire arms. Sold a few things, not fire arms. I think you need to be careful who you're going to sell a fire arm to, not so much some brass, bullets, mags etc. I don't feel comfortable selling a fire arm to someone who joined just to reply to an ad for a gun. After I'd been here awhile I felt comfortable buying a gun, and I figure the folks that sold to me felt the same way. I'm a pretty good judge of character so I'm going to need something to get a feeling for someone before I'm going to sell and fire arm to them. A good chat on the phone, not just some texting or PMing.
:s0159:

I'll work with what ever you want to do Joe!

Mike

I was looking at a for sale post today and clicked on the members profile. He had 18 posts on the forum, and all of them were for sale ads in the classifieds. He hasn't even introduced himself.

On all the other forums I'm on, there's a minimum post count required to post ads in the classifieds. Is there a reason we don't have one here?

It was decided a long time ago that was a bad idea as it would discourage new members from joining many members start here because they had something to sale or buy.

It was even suggested only supporting members should be able to post to the classified so If that were the case would you be here if you had to be a supporter to use the classified ? See the point ? Do we really need govern others in that way? If they are a flake they get a negative feedback and thats the end of them .

Indeed there have been people with just one rifle to post and some one suggested they post it here and they did and never was heard from again but then again some have came and pulled up a chair and parked them selves Making people who really don't have anything to say to post just fills the board with a bunch of BS of useless information so they can get their numbers up to post in the classifieds.

Last Edited:
You're a gem Joe! [Insert "Thumbs Up" emoticon here]

So many say "Every one has to start somewhere". Well I started buying some simple accessories first, not fire arms. Sold a few things, not fire arms. I think you need to be careful who you're going to sell a fire arm to, not so much some brass, bullets, mags etc. I don't feel comfortable selling a fire arm to someone who joined just to reply to an ad for a gun. After I'd been here awhile I felt comfortable buying a gun, and I figure the folks that sold to me felt the same way. I'm a pretty good judge of character so I'm going to need something to get a feeling for someone before I'm going to sell and fire arm to them. A good chat on the phone, not just some texting or PMing.
:s0159:

I'll work with what ever you want to do Joe!

Mike

This is great advice, which I actually follow myself.

I just prefer to leave it up to the buyer to decide what to buy, who to buy it from, and when :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top