JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There's lots of handgun courses around but there are hardly no shotgun training courses in WA state right now. I'm looking for beginner shotgun courses in Western Washington hopefully close to the Seattle area. The NRA has 1 in for just $35 but it's not til January. I was hoping for something a little bit sooner within the next few weeks or so. Are there any at all, or do I have to fly out of state just to learn to shoot a damn shotgun?

There's lots of handgun courses around but there are hardly no shotgun training courses in WA state right now. I'm looking for beginner shotgun courses in Western Washington hopefully close to the Seattle area. The NRA has 1 in for just $35 but it's not til January. I was hoping for something a little bit sooner within the next few weeks or so. Are there any at all, or do I have to fly out of state just to learn to shoot a damn shotgun?
bz.jpg I shoot something like this --- not necessarily the last word for all.
Really though, @Kruel J question needs attention to move on.

Again, just beginner Shotgun Courses. I have no exp. with shotguns so just looking for a general overview/knowledge and experience with them. Whatever they usually go over in the intro courses.

No, I understand that. But are you looking for shotgun classes for HD, hunting 4 legged creatures or birds? It matters. A lot.

Please check Instructor led training under instructor led courses, go to shotgun, click basic, 100 [or 200] miles and this comes up.
Puyallup 12 sept 18
Bothel 20 jan 19
Ephrata 6 Sept & 20 Sept

Also WA wildlife offers shotgun Basic Hunter Education Class Schedule & Information | Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife

Hope that assists your quest

Thanks, however I already searched under this site and knew of these options. The upcoming classes for Puyallup and Ephrata are for WA wildlife employees only. And the class that's open to everyone isn't until January.

I have been asked about shotgun classes, and have one in the works for next year, but if there's enough interest I'll do it before the snow flies.

Just like the member training weekend, I'll let the group decide who all wants to come, and when they want it.

AlbertWesker, I'm a bit if a drive from you...but I guarantee you'll be happy with the results.

You might take a look at the Seattle Rifle & Pistol Association website. Their Range is outside of Snohomish. There is also the Cascade Rifle & Pistol Association website. And the Seattle Trap & Skeet. The last two are located at the King County Sportsman Park, East of Kent in Ravensdale.

I hope this helps.:)

@AlbertWesker

I am out of state until Tuesday , but when I return I would be happy to go over some shotgun basics for both target and home defense with you.

Basics as in helping you find a way to shoot and handle your shotgun in a safe but effective way that works for you and your situation.

That said I :
Do not offer a course...
Nor am I a certified instructor of firearms...
But...
I do have experience in hunting with a shotgun and using a shotgun while in the Army.

Granted anyone can say and be anything over the internet..So I understand if you chose otherwise.
Andy

Since you are but 30+/- minutes away from each other, I suggest you personally call the Bothel instructor to ask if they might meet with you to accomplish a 4hr 'orientation' course w/livefire, to assist in meeting your need(s).

Most NRA instructors, while mandated to have 4 students for a course of record, are quite accomodating and also enjoy the opportunity to assure the proper knowledge, skills, and attitude(s) are learned.

Nothing ventured nothing gained...

YouTube YouTube YouTube...

Then go practice;).

What gun do you have? I can link some videos that were helpful for me although I was already very familiar with shotguns to begin with.

Honestly just go shoot and then run dry drills in your home.

**a well set up shotgun will help a ton - ie a 7 round tube vs 3 eliminates a lot of the need to be able to reload fast, but that's good to know how to do well and should be practiced regardless.

I have been asked about shotgun classes, and have one in the works for next year, but if there's enough interest I'll do it before the snow flies.

Just like the member training weekend, I'll let the group decide who all wants to come, and when they want it.

AlbertWesker, I'm a bit if a drive from you...but I guarantee you'll be happy with the results.

As I have been one of those interested party's let's find out...

Cerberus Training Group - Shotgun Coarse - Who is interested before winter?

Hey!
I took a trap shooting class at the Ravensdale gun range. They even let me rent a shotgun before I bought one.
I believe I paid $75. One on one.
We shot for hours. He was awesome!

If you need someone to go shoot with. Just reach out!
Can I volunteer you to be my wife's shooting buddy? : ) She qualifies for the Army Reserve every year and will go to the range with me, but would enjoy it more if she had another woman to shoot with. Once I get a 22 can on a target pistol I think she'd really enjoy it again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top