JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings,

No customers = no revenue = no gun shop.

Even if you're well stocked...come payday, you might want to make it a point to forego the online deals, stop in at your LGS and pick up a few boxes of ammo, mags, lube, a cleaning kit, etc.

Share with or take a shooting buddy or three.

$.02 worth.

Boss

The last three pistols I purchased at my LGS charged dang near full retail.
Nonetheless, I purchased them, mags, and holsters. No KY offered.
Could I have found them online cheaper, oh HELL YES.
I was interested in another pistol recently, of which I found online for $499.
Irregardless, I stopped into the LGS- to see- what I was going to get DINGED on this one.
FULL RETAIL, to the tune of near $700.
Again I asked if they can give me a better price.
The owner asked what I found it for, and when I told him $499, he told me BUY IT, that he couldn't ( I say wouldn't ) sell for much less than sticker price.
If this particular shop closed their doors, it's because of their own doings.

I do try to shop local. I really do try. Seldom does any LGS have what I'm looking for, so I have no choice but to buy online. And then the same LGS that stocks dozens of Glock's and AR's, but nothing I'm looking for, still gets a cut by receiving my online purchase.

So...I can't feel guilty of not supporting them. And, putting my money where my mouth is, I recently bought a 10mm XDM from a gun shop in The Dalles, when nobody closer to the Valley carries such a product.

I still do "get" the point of the OP. When I see a gun shop in my travels, I do stop in, and I at least try to buy something, even if it's just cleaning supplies or a box of ammo.

Most everything I buy that's gun related I spend with my LGS. If we don't we'll be forced to buy from the conglomerates and we've all seen how they fold when pressure is applied.

I have experienced this attrition in the music retailer world. I supported my LMS for years, and often spent more there than I could have online.

But no online retailer ever loaned me an amp and cables when I had a short notice sub gig and my gear was locked in a recording studio I had no quick access to.

I no longer have that option.

It's simple folks. The anti gun crowd wins if the gun shops go out of business. Win or lose in the courts, if we don't keep our legs afloat, they'll be gone when we beat I1639 which means the antis win anyway. Yeah, its more expensive but take heart in knowing that whenever an anti sees an open gun store, Marx, Hitler and RBG all turn over in their graves.

Well, the last gun I bought was from an online retailer... lucky sporting goods LLC... he's actually a local guy located in Banks.
Otherwise I haven't bought online before, I also like to take products home the same day I pay for them.
If only I had more to spend... darn bills keep getting in my way.

Paid full retail for a Radians Raptor SD charging handle at a LGS this past week, rather than try to save a few bucks online. Then gave it to a young lady from Spain to give to her policeman boyfriend, for his .300 BO. She also enjoyed the opportunity to shoot a variety of handguns and rifles last week.
Arriane & Yago.jpg

Well, the last gun I bought was from an online retailer... lucky sporting goods LLC... he's actually a local guy located in Banks.
Otherwise I haven't bought online before, I also like to take products home the same day I pay for them.
If only I had more to spend... darn bills keep getting in my way.
Well, you're in Oregon and 1639 is primarily a Washington problem. Libtards figure that even if the whole poop sandwich ultimately gets tossed, more than a few gun shops will have had to shutter because of the lost business and that is a victory for them. In another thread, Sporting Systems said they're 90% down. No business can sustain that for long so...
If you want to buy some more magazines, buy them locally. A few boxes of ammo? Local gun shops are well-stocked.
Parts? Again, your LGS has a good selection. Yeah, it will cost a little more but it will help them get through this crappy time and ruin the digestion of Bloomberg and his ilk.

Disclaimer: I neither work for or represent ANY gun stores. I'm just a retired teacher who has seen this cancer spread before.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews