JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday afternoon I walked into a gun store that I do not frequent too often to buy some snap-caps. The shop has high prices but always has what you need. Found some ammo I need too and made my overly expensive purchase and walked out the door.

This is when I noticed all the police at the gas station directly across the street. How did I not notice this when I drove up or walked in? Crime scene tape, television reporters, police officers everywhere.

I walked back into the now empty shop and asked the guy behind the counter what happened. He said "someone got shot dead". Whoa. He thought the dead guy was an employee of the gas station. Then I asked if he had heard the shots and he said oh yeah. So here is a guy working in a gun shop stocked up with guns and ammo and someone gets shot dead only 200 feet away. Crazy.

Did not watch the news last night and could not find any info on the web regarding the shooting till this morning:

Grants Pass shooting suspect caught on Old Stage Road

February 16, 2012

Details are slim, but Grants Pass police have confirmed a shooting suspect in that town led police on a chase that ended in Jackson County.

Grants Pass Department of Public Safety Deputy Chief Bill Landis said one man is dead after a shooting was reported at a Bimor Shell station on 529 NE F Street earlier today.

Landis said the suspect was following the victim in his car as they pulled into the store.

"Then the suspect shot the victim and fled in his vehicle," Landis said. "We can say that the two were known to each other."

Landis did not provide names or details that lead up to the shooting, which was first reported at 1:38 p.m.

He did confirm the victim died from his injuries.

The suspect sped from the scene and led police on a lengthy chase that ended in Jackson County on Old Stage Road.

The suspect was taken into custody following the chase and is being questioned by police.

Al least they caught the person responsible. Does not sound like an employee of the gas station.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top