JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not wanting a debate.

What are you seeing as rules/requirements / restrictions in the matches you are shooting?
Please list the location ( State / as needed County / City )
Indoor or Outdoor
and, if the restriction is governmental or from the Range or from the Match.

Example: 10 person max squads, masks required.

Best,

I used to compete.

The mask requirement is one of the reasons I don't any longer.

Fortunately, my range doesn't require masks in general, just competitions, so I go as early as they allow shooting (8:00 AM during the week only, never on week-ends) and the few there at that time for the first 2 hours or so are few and far between.

Prior to the so-called social distancing, I tried to stay as far away from other shooters anyway....don't care to speak (can't anyway) or socialize as I'm there to shoot not schmooze.

Ric,

You asked an interesting question. You may want to consider contacting various match directors and finding out what (if any) policies/changes they have in place.

Of course, following it up with a comparison between MD's stated policies/changes vs. participant experiences would be important too. (i.e.: MD states that social distancing will be observed, but participant states that there wasn't any social distancing... then :confused:)

Please let me know if you learn anything.

Best,

ac

Sorry, I am not sure what you are getting at here ...
Let's say people come on here and post that neither masks nor social distancing are enforced, and that they cram in as many competitors as they can. Anyone could come here, read the comments, and then rat out the range. Not sure this discussion is a good thing to have.

On the other hand @NWGlockgal you may goto an outdoor range, assume no masks and then be turned away. Prepared is prepared.
I've always got a mask in the car, and would assume most people do. Better to contact the range directly to ask their rules. Maybe I'm just the suspicious type, but I would not feel comfortable stating here what our ranges do or don't do.

Let's say people come on here and post that neither masks nor social distancing are enforced, and that they cram in as many competitors as they can. Anyone could come here, read the comments, and then rat out the range. Not sure this discussion is a good thing to have.

I'm not sure that I've understood this correctly. It sounds like you want to keep match/range non-compliance ("neither masks nor social distancing are enforced") a secret in an attempt to protect the match/range from its own wrongdoing (you don't want someone to "rat out the range"). Good behaviors don't get ratted out. "Rat out" is only applied to bad/suspect behaviors.

Wouldn't the better action be to appeal to the match/range to be compliant?

If TCGC IDPA consistently doesn't enforce IDPA rule 2.2, do we keep it secret? (Hopefully not.) Or, do we appeal to the match to enforce it, and communicate this (very relevant) information that the match doesn't enforce this rule to prospective participants. And, if the rule continues to go unenforced, escalate to the governing body (IDPA organization). Of course this wouldn't happen with current TCGC IDPA under Shaun, but imagine another club/match director if it helps the illustration.

I know you (maybe only a little), and I think you're a good person, and I don't think you condone bad/suspect behavior, or non-compliance, so I'm a bit confused.

Maybe I misunderstood?

Respectfully,

ac

I'm not sure that I've understood this correctly. It sounds like you want to keep match/range non-compliance ("neither masks nor social distancing are enforced") a secret in an attempt to protect the match/range from its own wrongdoing (you don't want someone to "rat out the range"). Good behaviors don't get ratted out. "Rat out" is only applied to bad/suspect behaviors.

Wouldn't the better action be to appeal to the match/range to be compliant?

If TCGC IDPA consistently doesn't enforce IDPA rule 2.2, do we keep it secret? (Hopefully not.) Or, do we appeal to the match to enforce it, and communicate this (very relevant) information that the match doesn't enforce this rule to prospective participants. And, if the rule continues to go unenforced, escalate to the governing body (IDPA organization). Of course this wouldn't happen with current TCGC IDPA under Shaun, but imagine another club/match director if it helps the illustration.

I know you (maybe only a little), and I think you're a good person, and I don't think you condone bad/suspect behavior, or non-compliance, so I'm a bit confused.

Maybe I misunderstood?

Respectfully,

ac
I am not suggesting we be non-compliant. I am saying if a range IS non-compliant, I am not in favor of making that public. We have enough issues with gun and range hatred in this state that I don't think I want to assist those who would attempt to close one down. I see a difference between enforcing IDPA rules, which we voluntarily agree to observe as part of shooting the match, and oppressive, overbearing regulations from the state, in which we have no say and which are of questionable legality and benefit. We just have to agree to disagree.

Not wanting a debate.

What are you seeing as rules/requirements / restrictions in the matches you are shooting?
Please list the location ( State / as needed County / City )
Indoor or Outdoor
and, if the restriction is governmental or from the Range or from the Match.

Example: 10 person max squads, masks required.

Best,

Being as how I havent been been able to shoot with you guys (and gals) for a minute, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary!!! ;)

BTW, I miss you all!!! Good luck in Washington! Wish I could join....Maybe again next year!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top