JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Turret presses are a nice way to go... especially if you've got spare turrets for setting up your different dies. :D

Then when you want to switch calibers you just swap out the turret. :s0155:

Turret presses are a nice way to go... especially if you've got spare turrets for setting up your different dies. :D:s0155:

Oops. scratch my comment on that being the press I was going to get. I was thinking of a different Lee press. Who told you that the Lee Classic Turret could be used with .50 bmg? Because I am pretty sure that it cant be, but I may be wrong. (maybe with a completely different turret)

I wondered about that too... I would think that a single-stage press would be almost mandatory for the .50

yeah sorry I didnt mean to quote your post before anyhow, I meant to quote joe. From what ive read about the lee single stage, the .50 dies are bigger, so for the .50 press, you can get an adapter to use regular threaded dies.

yeah reloading the .50 in a turret press seems like it would require more force than the turret assembly could handle and still stay true. The single stage presses can withstand the force required AND hold the die true.

yeah reloading the .50 in a turret press seems like it would require more force than the turret assembly could handle and still stay true. The single stage presses can withstand the force required AND hold the die true.

Very true, only bad thing Ive heard about the lee .50 press is that you can accidentally bend the handle due to the torque needed to resize .50, although ive heard its not actually that much force required to resize.

Is it safe to shoot after dark? I have some incendiary 5.56 and a stripper clip of tracers I got at a gun show and it would be cool to shoot it at night.

I don't think it'd be a problem if you were to go to one of the rock pits (where you knew there was a solid backstop) then had a friend shine a bright flashlight at what you were shooting, turning it off just before you took your shots.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top