JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess girls have it out with each other just fine. But I've often told a sober gal, if you were a guy you wouldn't dare behave that way because we'd have to have it on!! Guys that slap or hit women... that's another thing I can't deal with. I AM surprised how many here say they wouldn't intervene. Dang, at least call the cops!!!
There's an evolutionary reality at play here according to social psychologists. Men have evolved to honor an adversarial leadership system where the strongest, most confident, most alpha male is the leader. Others cooperate and follow his lead and plans in order to perpetuate the group's existence. This works well in a hunting society.

Women have evolved a system of collaborative leadership where decisions are made by consensus, without an obvious leader. This works well in a gatherer society where cooperation is vital to the continued existence of the group.

Men have decided questions of dominance and leadership through individual combat for thousands of generations. Women have done so by popular vote for thousands of generations.

This presents problems in a society where women are presently migrating into positions of leadership more commonly held by males. Women do not have thousands of years of evolutionary practice at knowing exactly how far to push personal combat (verbal and physical) before it turns lethal, as men do. Women tend to fight to the death, whereas men fight until dominance is established. This theory is unpalatable to a lot of people these days, but it seems to work from what I have observed.

There's an evolutionary reality at play here according to social psychologists. Men have evolved to honor an adversarial leadership system where the strongest, most confident, most alpha male is the leader. Others cooperate and follow his lead and plans in order to perpetuate the group's existence. This works well in a hunting society.

Women have evolved a system of collaborative leadership where decisions are made by consensus, without an obvious leader. This works well in a gatherer society where cooperation is vital to the continued existence of the group.

Men have decided questions of dominance and leadership through individual combat for thousands of generations. Women have done so by popular vote for thousands of generations.

This presents problems in a society where women are presently migrating into positions of leadership more commonly held by males. Women do not have thousands of years of evolutionary practice at knowing exactly how far to push personal combat (verbal and physical) before it turns lethal, as men do. Women tend to fight to the death, whereas men fight until dominance is established. This theory is unpalatable to a lot of people these days, but it seems to work from what I have observed.

Is this why its so hard for them to just tell you what they want for dinner?

"What do you want for dinner?"

"What sounds good to you? I don't care."

"Mexican"

"I had Mexican yesterday"

"Italian?"

"I'm gluten intolerant"

"Burger?"

"I'm on a diet"

.22 rifle???

MOSSBERG 715P 22LR PISTOL
5879d09bbec7e394a04173a62d726419.jpg

Is this why its so hard for them to just tell you what they want for dinner?

"What do you want for dinner?"

"What sounds good to you? I don't care."

"Mexican"

"I had Mexican yesterday"

"Italian?"

"I'm gluten intolerant"

"Burger?"

"I'm on a diet"

I heard a funny joke about that. Instead of playing that game. Tell the woman your taking her to dinner and to guess where, when she guesses a place, say yeah that, and then go. Skips the 101 suggestions that are turned down.

I heard a funny joke about that. Instead of playing that game. Tell the woman your taking her to dinner and to guess where, when she guesses a place, say yeah that, and then go. Skips the 101 suggestions that are turned down.
MAN: I'm taking you out to dinner tonight.
WOMAN: Where?
MAN: Take a guess.
WOMAN: _________ (Name of any restaurant)
MAN: Yeah, that's right.
WOMAN: I hate that place!

That dude was dumb about it for sure, but that doesn't mean there isn't a way to call people out on their crap.
"Excuse me, were you aware that you are blocking a handicap spot?"
That is all that needs to be said.
The person will either (a) realize their error and move or (b) begin arguing with you, in which case the correct response if you are carrying is to simply walk away. You have given them some information; your role in the situation has now ended. Whether or not they choose to act on that information is their deal, not yours.
If you politely inform them, in a non-confrontational way, you allow them to correct their mistake without their ego taking a beating.
But if you confront them in a hostile way they are more likely to dig in their heels due to pride and the disagreement will escalate. Which is never good when one or more of the parties is armed.
Oftentimes in life we have to choose between being right or being happy. A need to be right is our ego talking. My ego is not my amigo. I would rather be happy.

OMG, I can't believe that I just thought of this. When the shooter was on the ground, he had his sights aimed at the pushers chest and was thinking if he comes at me again I will pull the trigger. We clearly see the pusher take a step back from our horizontal perspective, but the shooter is looking at his sights and the pushers feet are blocked by his pistol, hands and arms. All he saw from his vertical perspective on the ground was no hands up and movement. Even from the camera angle it looked to me like the pusher was getting ready for a kick.

"Excuse me, were you aware that you are blocking a handicap spot?"
That is all that needs to be said.
The person will either (a) realize their error and move or (b) begin arguing with you, in which case the correct response if you are carrying is to simply walk away. You have given them some information; your role in the situation has now ended. Whether or not they choose to act on that information is their deal, not yours.
If you politely inform them, in a non-confrontational way, you allow them to correct their mistake without their ego taking a beating.
But if you confront them in a hostile way they are more likely to dig in their heels due to pride and the disagreement will escalate. Which is never good when one or more of the parties is armed.
Oftentimes in life we have to choose between being right or being happy. A need to be right is our ego talking. My ego is not my amigo. I would rather be happy.

I agree, in theory. But I would never approach certain genders or cultures because I can imagine what the belligerent response is going to be. It likely won't hurt me, but I don't need the emotional stimulation of being verbally abused and then having to stand down.

OMG, I can't believe that I just thought of this. When the shooter was on the ground, he had his sights aimed at the pushers chest and was thinking if he comes at me again I will pull the trigger. We clearly see the pusher take a step back from our horizontal perspective, but the shooter is looking at his sights and the pushers feet are blocked by his pistol, hands and arms. All he saw from his vertical perspective on the ground was no hands up and movement. Even from the camera angle it looked to me like the pusher was getting ready for a kick.

That matches exactly with the statement he gave the police. The sad fact however, is that his defense team never brought this issue up.

I agree, in theory. But I would never approach certain genders or cultures because I can imagine what the belligerent response is going to be. It likely won't hurt me, but I don't need the emotional stimulation of being verbally abused and then having to stand down.
Yeah, I just swear and hope they find misery in some way or another...
:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads