JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks to be some kind of urethane material.

I know Wilson 'buffs are way to soft. CP Buffs are very good, but recently changed their compound as well.

Thanks. I have been cutting my own for years out of neoprene (I think it is) gasket material. It works pretty well but softens up eventually from any kind of oil so I am looking for something else to try but it is hard to find stock materials of this type. The gasket material is common at ACE hardware and comes in .062 and .090 thickness with the .090 just right for a FS 1911.

When I was building and modding tournament level paintball guns I had the same problem with the neoprene bolt seal, and trigger switch O-rings. Any petroleum based oil would soften and swell them over time. Eventually, I found the equivalent O-rings in a soft nylon material, which seemed to be impervious to petroleum based lubricants. If you can find .090" nylon material that is the same consistency as those O-rings I would think that would work.

Most of those shock buffers are made from flexible urethane... it's pretty common stuff, you can buy it lots of places, I make all kinds of stuff out of it, from molds to make lost wax castings, to soap, to wax bullets, and 37mm projectile bases. The stuff I use I buy from the local art store, there are different durometer grades (durometer is how "hard" the material is). For molds I usually use something that's about 30 and for projectiles and stuff I usually use about a 65-70. The flex in the molds makes it easier to remove complex shapes.

The stuff I use is called "smooth-on". Here's a video of how to make a mold, then you just need something to pour in to make your buffer part.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top