JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK...no doubt this has been hammered before but I need to understand this. Why does a gun store tell people who want to ship a gun out of state that they have to have it shipped by a licensed dealer? (pay the store a transfer fee, pay inflated shipping)? I have shipped and had folks ship me guns many times interstate by simply taking it to a UPS customer center, include the receivers FFL, copy of shippers DL. You're Done, $30 ground shipping most destinations, no other cost to the shipper. I'll probably need the answer in very basic english terms so I can get it. Thanks for the help and letting me rant a bit.

Something else to consider is that not all FFL's will take a shipment direct from a non-licensed person. It's always best to ask the receiving FFL first and see if they'll receive a shipment directly from you. If they will, then there is no reason you can't go directly to UPS or FedEx and have them ship it for you. I've shipped direct and through an FFL, and it's definitely more expensive to ship through an FFL.

Does Fed Ex ship long guns ground? Last I checked I thought I learned they will only ship long guns 1 day / overnight (like a handgun). Good responses and good points here...thank you much.

This is great info...I've been out of touch. And I stopped used USPS a while back...didn't know they would still handle long guns either. Thanks a bunch

This link might help:

http://www.nraba.org/graphics/Benefits/RevisedServiceMatrix(2).pdf

Honestly though, for a long gun, I'd rather use the USPS - better pricing in my book.
The USPS will still handle long guns. Insure for full value because they will steal/lose them an irritatingly high percentage of the time.
I'll start with... It doesn't matter if the post office CAN ship a gun for you,not all will.
Even in Sequim,they would do the gun shop's transfers but not regular folks. Then go down to Carlsborg,3 miles away and they would.

Ive shipped a lot of long guns over the years at the post office. They stole 2 of them. I try to avoid them but Ive never had them tell me no they wouldnt ship.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top