JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
can anybody tell me the true cost to ship a rifle to another state? i have shipped several guns in the past but the latest one i shipped gave me severe sticker shock. about 70% more than the one i shipped 1 year ago.

can anybody tell me the true cost to ship a rifle to another state? i have shipped several guns in the past but the latest one i shipped gave me severe sticker shock. about 70% more than the one i shipped 1 year ago.
Most of the long guns I have seen shipped out are running close to a $100 depending on insurance level chosen. If you use an FFL then you will l

Ship My Gun has an online shipping calculator that I have used to figure out the shipping costs for an out of state buyer of a firearm.
You just need to pick the FFL destination and where the closest UPS hub is near to you.

If you choose FedEx, keep in mind that they will not package guns for you. At least, the ones in Corvallis won't. So if you use FedEx then you pretty much need to have it boxed and packaged before you go in there.

I can't speak to UPS.....if I remember correctly they boxed and shipped a Glock I sent in for repairs way back in 2003 or 2004, but I don't remember for certain.

Here's a quick check on long gun shipping prices that I did using Ship My Gun's calculator.
From Albany, Oregon to Albany, New York with no insurance it came to $22.63.

LonggunSMG.jpg
Long Gun Shipping Service

ATTN: Jim
NY SHOOTER SUPPLY
1593 CENTRAL AVENUE
ALBANY NY, 12205
(518) 456-6383
Shipping From: OR | Firearm Recipient: Jim
Gun Type: Long gun | Box Size: 51x9x7 in. Max | Weight (lbs.): 12
Supply Delivery Method: Email Label | Insurance: NO
button_delete.gif
$22.63