JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A few years ago I picked up a old Sheridan 22lr single shot handgun. Only one I have seen. It's called a Knockabout. They were made back in the late fifties for only two years.
20190527_200819.jpg
I take my seven year old grandson out shooting every weekend and we will take this one out occasionally.

I've owned two of them paying $15 and $60 respectively. I shouldn't have let the last one go. You don't want to look up what they sell for now...

Sheridan Products Inc, KNOCKABOUT, 22 single shot - Single Shot Pistols at GunBroker.com : 812119595

WOW! Had never heard of these but I can see why that seller is asking for that price for his. That thing looks to be in VERY good shape for as old as it is. Sure the seller is hoping some "collector" who just has to have one will pay that price for it. It's going to be one of those things that very few will want but he may find someone.

I doubt they will.ever get a starting bid that high. But it doesn't hurt to try get super high prices on rare items.
I have a old Ithaca 20 gauge model 66 Super-single shotgun with a ventilated ribbed barrel. It is the oly 20 gaugewith the vent rib I have ever seen besides on listed on Gunbroker for $699. No bids like this Sheridan.
There was a Ithaca 12 gauge model 66 with a vet rib recently that sold for just under $500 on Gunbroker.

I doubt they will.ever get a starting bid that high. But it doesn't hurt to try get super high prices on rare items.
I have a old Ithaca 20 gauge model 66 Super-single shotgun with a ventilated ribbed barrel. It is the oly 20 gaugewith the vent rib I have ever seen besides on listed on Gunbroker for $699. No bids like this Sheridan.
There was a Ithaca 12 gauge model 66 with a vet rib recently that sold for just under $500 on Gunbroker.

Oh yea. Owner obliviously does not really care if it sells. He is waiting for the one collector who just has to have one of those for his collection. When you find them they are often willing to pay amazing prices for stuff. This is where the net makes it so damn nice. Back in the days of just shows people had to pay for a table and sit all day at multiple shows to find that one collector. Now days they can just throw it up online and wait.

I agree, and I picked a high one on purpose, but they are really moving in the $400+ range for nice ones.

My first one had spent the first ten years of its life in the bottom of a fishing tackle box and showed it. I bought it off another kid when I was nine years old with a month's 'weed pulling money' (a little different world back then, huh?) and it was my greatest treasure (until I discovered girls). The second I picked up at a gun show in Portland probably in the early nineties. It was much nicer, but went away when something shinier came along. I think I've learned my lesson.

Selling guns that your regret selling down the road is a whole new thread.
I have three guns that I sold that never should of been sold.
All the other one I sold can be replaced.
#1 was an old JC Higgins 12 gauge bolt action shotgun which was my oldest brothers first gun, there is twelve years between us. Our father died when I was eleven. My brother gave that shotgun to me when I was thirteen or so. I used it for a couple of years and sold it to buy something better so I thought. I can't remember what I bought with the money but it is gone also.

#2 was a Dan Wesson 357 revolver I bought from a Uncle years ago. I hardly ever shot it so I sold it. He died a few years ago and I would love to have that handgun back.

#3 was a old Savage semi auto 22lr with the slots on the left side of the reciever, they use to call them a Gill Gun because them slots looked like fish gills.
The action would stayopen until you released the trigger.
That was the first gun I got on my own with my own money fron turning in old soda & beer bottles for the nickel deposit. I think I paid around $15 for it back in 68 or 69.

These guns are long gone, never to return.
When it comes to guns, WATCH WHAT YOU SELL!!!!!!!

@HighlandLofts, I know what you are saying. I'm selling off rifles from an estate and I have a couple of really old ones left. One is a Winchester Model 12 that was built in 64, and the other is a Winchester Model 52. I'd love to keep them for the historical value, but the family wants the money for them and I can't afford to buy them from myself.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top