JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The incessant clamoring for gun control these past couple of days has really put a burr under my saddle. I dont understand how "shall not be infringed" is not clear? I'm tired of the emotional pleas to the uniformed general public. Is there no critical thinking, logic or truth left in society? The second amendment was put in place to protect the people against a tyrannical government. If we give an inch, they will take a mile....Ugggg! I just want the government to stay out of my life and to stop trampling my GOD GIVEN rights:mad:. Is that too much to ask?

Rant over.

*Mods, If this post is out of line or against community rules please feel free to remove.

Last Edited:
Critical thinking, logic or truth isn't in their vocabulary. Now wild eyed hysteria that's something they can sink their teeth into........:confused:
hys·te·ri·a
[həˈstirēə, həˈsterēə]
frenzy · wildness · feverishness · irrationality · hysterics · loss of control · panic · panic attack · alarm · outburst/fit of agitation · loss of reason · fit of madness · neurosis · delirium · derangement · mania · distress · mental distress · the screaming abdabs/habdabs
  • psychiatry
    a psychological disorder (not now regarded as a single definite condition) whose symptoms include conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization), selective amnesia, shallow volatile emotions, and overdramatic or attention-seeking behavior. The term has a controversial history as it was formerly regarded as a disease specific to women.

The incessant clamoring for gun control these past couple of days has really put a burr under my saddle. I dont understand how "shall not be infringed" is not clear? I'm tired of the emotional pleas to the uniformed general public. Is there no critical thinking, logic or truth left in society? The second amendment was put in place to protect the people against a tyrannical government. If we give an inch, they will take a mile....Ugggg! I just want the government to stay out of my life and to stop trampling my GOD GIVEN rights:mad:. Is that too much to ask?

Rant over.

*Mods, If this post is out of line or against community rules please feel free to remove.

I believe what will help is a good understanding of the changes taking place. The NRA gave a speech today that should give you full understanding in the fight. I posted it in another thread and to me it helps define the moment.

The premise of the Constitution is that our rights come from God, not government. If the rights are given to the people by the government, than the government can take them away.

""We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness…."

So If I joined the National Guard I could have any firearm at home without restriction and would not be infringed right? I would not need a background check and could get a machine gun right?

No actually the guns are owned by the state if I understand it right but in Oregon you may own most militia weapons and train with them if you can afford them. The state militia would do a background check before you can join and any private weapons bought from an ffl or NFA dealer gets the check too.

No actually the guns are owned by the state if I understand it right but in Oregon you may own most militia weapons and train with them if you can afford them. The state militia would do a background check before you can join and any private weapons bought from an ffl or NFA dealer gets the check too.

oh interesting (not), Shall not be Infringed does not even apply to a well regulated militia then.

The premise of the Constitution is that our rights come from God, not government. If the rights are given to the people by the government, than the government can take them away.

""We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness…."

The premise of the Constitution is that all power allocated and reserved under the Constitution comes from the people, not a creator:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
The language you quoted is from the Declaration of Independence, written 11 years before the Constitution.

Just trying to keep the record straight.

I am dumb, you are going to have to tell me what you mean:confused:
Sorry. being sarcastic. The original post is about "shall not be infringed"

The primary counter argument that the anti-gun people have is "well, that only means a well regulated militia" In my sarcastic way Im saying that even if someone is in a well regulated militia (National guard) they cant take their duty rifles home with them. The US is infringing on the second amendment for even people in a well regulated militia.

"Shall not be infringed" means nothing to them. It is a clear indefensible violation of the constitution. If the government gets to violate the constitution then it is a tyranny.

The premise of the Constitution is that all power allocated and reserved under the Constitution comes from the people, not a creator:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
The language you quoted is from the Declaration of Independence, written 11 years before the Constitution.

Understood and I apologize if that was misleading but was not the declaration and its writers a major building block of the Constitution? It at least provides insight to what the founders believed.

From MATTHEW CLEMENTE at FreedomWorks

"The writers of the Declaration—and subsequently the writers of the Constitution—believed that government's power comes out of its ability to protect the rights of its people. Individuals do not receive natural rights from government and thus government does not have the authority to take rights away. To the extent that it protects individual rights, government operates legitimately. However, when it fails to protect such rights or when it imposes upon them, it becomes an illegitimate ruler over what would otherwise be free people."

Sorry. being sarcastic. The original post is about "shall not be infringed"

The primary counter argument that the anti-gun people have is "well, that only means a well regulated militia" In my sarcastic way Im saying that even if someone is in a well regulated militia (National guard) they cant take their duty rifles home with them. The US is infringing on the second amendment for even people in a well regulated militia.

"Shall not be infringed" means nothing to them. It is a clear indefensible violation of the constitution. If the government gets to violate the constitution then it is a tyranny.

Thank you, I thought maybe I am having a brain fart because I didnt' fully understand where you were going. Sometimes you guys post and I can read right into what you mean and other times I am lost.:confused:

Thanks for the post. TBH I'm tired of hearing that it's a "God given right" to have a gun. That's simply not true. It's a constitutional right, nothing higher.

Thanks for the post. TBH I'm tired of hearing that it's a "God given right" to have a gun. That's simply not true. It's a constitutional right, nothing higher.
It was written into the constitution because the founders deemed it a god given right, things have changed since then and a lot of people think you have no god given rights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top