JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got this as a PM, can you believe this "i recently moved here to bellingham from bc canada and i am in the process of changing my id cards over, can i bring you the money and use my bc drivers license as picture id"

I got this as a PM, can you believe this "i recently moved here to bellingham from bc canada and i am in the process of changing my id cards over, can i bring you the money and use my bc drivers license as picture id"

I'm thinking you should probably not sell to this person... :s0112:

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, and assume they are just ignorant of the law.

I would tell him I'll deal with him when he gets the correct ID, and if he keeps bothering you, report him to the mods.

For future reference, the ATF likes to do stings, especially at gun shows, and they will seem like normal guys, and they will try real hard to convince you to do an illegal deal, then the next thing you know. you're in club fed.

If you don't feel comfortable, don't do a deal. If you don't feel like its legal, look it up, and if you still don't know, don't do the deal. Getting a couple bucks for selling a gun to the first person with cash is not worth the time in a federal prison, simple as that.

BTW, would it be legal to take a deposit from the "buyer" to hold the gun for him until he has the proper paperwork?:cool:

I can't imagine a real buyer doing that unless you were selling something particularly rare and desirable.

As far as fake buyers are concerned, it would be a dangerous game to try to get free money out of an undercover federal agent, and completely moronic to run that kind of risk for the amount of cash we're probably talking about

But yeah, there's a good chance it would be legal - as long as the terms of your agreement were very clear (and complied w/ the law). A good term to include would be transfer through an FFL once the buyer became eligible to purchase firearms in the US.

I can't imagine a real buyer doing that unless you were selling something particularly rare and desirable.

As far as fake buyers are concerned, it would be a dangerous game to try to get free money out of an undercover federal agent, and completely moronic to run that kind of risk for the amount of cash we're probably talking about

But yeah, there's a good chance it would be legal - as long as the terms of your agreement were very clear (and complied w/ the law). A good term to include would be transfer through an FFL once the buyer became eligible to purchase firearms in the US.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I like the idea of using the deposit to pay for an NFA tax stamp.:s0114:

That's kinda what I was thinking. I like the idea of using the deposit to pay for an NFA tax stamp.:s0114:

If you ever get the opportunity, stay conscious of the fact that the folks who are paid to play these games a) know the law better than you do and b) have a lot of experience tricking people who think they can get away with things.

Personally, I wouldn't be willing to risk a federal prosecution for $200. Or $2000. Or $20,000. But that's just me.

Please PM me the names of these people that do this or ask for complicity in any illegal activity.

I can check their IP address which will show where they are posting from and if they are attempting to break the law they will be banned.

We have zero tolerance of illegal activity here at NWFA.

Cyclesarge or anyone with these PM's if you feel comfortable doing so forward the PM to me as I can check their location by IP address. A check of check of "dgil's" IP confirms he is in Canada. If you check you will see that he and his other account "dgil13" is now banned from NWFA.

If you guys report these thing we will deal with them, that's what we're here for and the members safety is our number one concern.

Another reason to deal with a NWFA member that has several posts, and trade ratings. I like to know they are interested in the forum and not just trying to make a buck.

THAT is a key point for me. Are they interested in the forum or are they just a gun flipper who posts only in the classifieds? Personally, I would rather deal with someone who is here for the forum first and then just happens to have the occasional item that they are looking to part ways with. :s0092:

I took $50 less for a rifle to sell it to a board member with good trade ratings...turns out he had a CWP too which together makes me feel much more comfortable selling a weapon.

well, at least the poser IS from Canada, which means he aint' the feds on a sting. The guy MUST know he can't ever get anything across that border. International sales are even more illegal than interstate... though either could get you a long-term membership in Club Fed (I like that term.... SO descriptive its sinister)

Nope, with me, no sale until I SEE a givernment issued photo ID confirming residence in MY state... else its off to a FFL Dealer for the piece. AFTER I've got full payment. Thus, if he's legit, everying comes together. If not. well, the gun will sit there a long time, meanwhile I've got MY money... the buyer needs to know what and where he can legally purchase. Its on HIM to make sure the sale will be legal.

Mods... thanks for stepping in and cleaning house. Last thing we need here are some rats running loose...... they often carry strange diseases....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top