JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
P.S. I remember as a kid thinking they were super neat-o when Jim Bowie wielded one in The Alamo (1960).

Also used by seargent Harper in the "Sharpe's" series of books and BBC tv shows. They used reproductions in the series.

Sergeant+harper+up+in+this+for+_e249e096e53dc51b77004522447d1059.jpg

Finally, a "machine-gun" for @AndyinEverson. Kidding of course, but a really neat old piece. The Nock's Volley Gun for your viewing enjoyment:

P.S. I remember as a kid thinking they were super neat-o when Jim Bowie wielded one in The Alamo (1960).

I noticed some YouTube videos that had seven barreled guns in smaller caliber for shooting geese on the water. Apparently the barrels were all parallel to each other vs with the volley gun they are cantered out for more of a spread.

How about 7 barrels of single 0 buckshot. That would be a great spray and pray weapon!

I'll try to find the YouTube vids and post here.

I noticed some YouTube videos that had seven barreled guns in smaller caliber for shooting geese on the water. Apparently the barrels were all parallel to each other vs with the volley gun they are cantered out for more of a spread.

How about 7 barrels of single 0 buckshot. That would be a great spray and pray weapon!

I'll try to find the YouTube vids and post here.

Cartridge gun At 1:52 in this video, and flintlock at 13:08 or so. Other cool guns in vid also. I like that 26 lb tiger gun!

Last Edited:
Thinking about it, the Nock Volley gun is not a 'burst' firer. All the barrels go off at the same time, so it really IS a volley gun.

However, if you think that's crazy, take a look at the Rorqual or Billingshurst Volley guns....

Last Edited:
Thinking about it, the Nock Volley gun is not a 'burst' firer. All the barrels go off at the same time, so it really IS a volley gun.

However, if you think that's crazy, take a look at the Rorqual or Billingshurst Volley guns....
I'll have to look those up. There are so many crazy/cool old guns out there. Reminds me of darwin's "punctuated equilibrium" so many wild and crazy designs that ended up being dead ends.

96D9F406-749F-4EB0-B531-4A89D69D7894.jpeg
0D74EDB0-F146-4A4F-855B-4625B7992C70.jpeg

I have shot "Buck and Ball" through my Muskets...Models of 1795 ( dated 1808 ) and 1842 ( dated 1851 )

A Buck and Ball load is powder , a .69 caliber round ball and 3-6.32 /.36 caliber round ball.*
Loads for US muskets ...the larger English caliber muskets , at times were loaded with Buck and Ball as well...They are usually in the .72-.80 caliber range...

These Buck and Ball loads are very effective out to 75-100 yards ( with practice ) and were used from the Rev.War to the Civil War.
Andy
* Some guns shoot well with the powder , large round ball then the buckshot...others prefer the powder , buckshot , then the large round ball...its always good to test which loading works best in your gun....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top