JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand your view and agree that establishing democracy there (Iraq) will be an on going battle. But I think military personnel that took part in these operations are trying to get over the residual effects of their experience and are dismayed by the loss of ground. Iraq is a beautiful country and it is a shame that the Iraqi people's lives continue to be disrupted by religious and tribal feuds that are backed by terrorist organizations.

Comparing Iraq to Afghanistan is like comparing a Skyscraper to a grass hut. I am not saying Afghanistan is not a beautiful country (well maybe I am a lil bit) but it lacks the infrastructure and education to support commerce and democracy. I agree it will not change in our life times.

Afghanistan was a beautiful country (from the air, coming into Kabul). On the ground, not so much, as I'm sure you can relate. But I wasn't comparing the countries themselves. I was talking about the people. They don't care enough about lives outside their tribes/families to do anything about the situation they're in. The retaking of Fallujah by the muhj is just a case in point of how they continued to let themselves be "conquered". I hate the thought of the hard work and lives lost that have been negated by their indifference.

I had a friend over the other night, right after this happened, that was in Phantom Fury and took 5 AK rounds to the back, and all he could say was "Doesn't surprise me in the least, I'm just amazed it took this long for it to happen" They want Fallujah back because of the symbolism. We put a big-time hurting on them there, and for them to take it back is a MAJOR propaganda win for AQIZ

Afghanistan was a beautiful country (from the air, coming into Kabul). On the ground, not so much, as I'm sure you can relate. But I wasn't comparing the countries themselves. I was talking about the people. They don't care enough about lives outside their tribes/families to do anything about the situation they're in. The retaking of Fallujah by the muhj is just a case in point of how they continued to let themselves be "conquered". I hate the thought of the hard work and lives lost that have been negated by their indifference.

I had a friend over the other night, right after this happened, that was in Phantom Fury and took 5 AK rounds to the back, and all he could say was "Doesn't surprise me in the least, I'm just amazed it took this long for it to happen" They want Fallujah back because of the symbolism. We put a big-time hurting on them there, and for them to take it back is a MAJOR propaganda win for AQIZ

They have lived in war for so long it has become just part of their life.
Nothing will change......ever.
Its a shame we threw so many lives away there for nothing. Its the only kind of war America knows since VN.
We have not won a war since WWII.
Its all politics and global banker maneuvering ever since.
It would be great if the entire world would join forces and eliminate all of the bilderbergs and trilateralists
Ohh well dreams are good.

I'm almost embarassed to say anything. My only standing in this comment is that I am an American who loves and respects this country and all who served and died for it. Obama is a Radical Muslim terrorist that needs to be removed from the office of the president of this United States.

To you simon99 and all who served and are serving this country, I'm here to help you take it back.

:s0155::D:s0155::D:s0155::D:s0155::D

The Marines that are upset about this need to get over it. The fact of the matter is that we (USMC) went in (with some army guys) and cleaned house. We did OUR job then, and continued to do it until the city was turned over to the IA. Lots of people on this board like to quote things like "The tree of liberty must be refreshed.....", but don't seem to think it holds true for EVERY patriot, EVERYWHERE. We cleaned the city out, kept it fairly clean, but THEY let the mothertruckers back in. It is completely out of the Marines' hands.

Did anyone really think that a country that has been conquered and reconquered for a MILLENIA was suddenly going to turn democratic after a war that lasted a decade?!! WTF do the Marines that are in Afghanistan right now think is going to happen when THEY leave that place?! SSDD!! When an entire area of the globe lives by "Inshallah allah", do you think that area is suddenly going to wake up and decide that things outside their immediate family matter to them? They want to be left alone and bury their head in the sand, pretend that there isn't anything their lazy selves can do about it. Last I heard, there were over 100k people in Fallujah. There is nowhere near that many insurgents. So why are there any insurgents left?!

I lost friends in Vietnam. I was Navy, they were Navy, Army, Air Force and Marines. I was never in country, but I lost friends, Brothers; who gave their lives in that country just like those who gave all in Iraq and Afghanistan. To sit here and think that someone could say "get over it" to me is unfathomable. It is these situations that make a person wonder what it was all about and what a waste of lives it all was. Finish the damned job, and do it right the first time so that more blood doesn't have to be spilled doing it all over again! Angry, Betrayed, and Disheartened don't even begin to say how I feel...

I lost friends in Vietnam. I was Navy, they were Navy, Army, Air Force and Marines. I was never in country, but I lost friends, Brothers; who gave their lives in that country just like those who gave all in Iraq and Afghanistan. To sit here and think that someone could say "get over it" to me is unfathomable. It is these situations that make a person wonder what it was all about and what a waste of lives it all was. Finish the damned job, and do it right the first time so that more blood doesn't have to be spilled doing it all over again! Angry, Betrayed, and Disheartened don't even begin to say how I feel...

My sentiments as well.
Not something we get over.
Dying for freedom and being sent to die for politics and profit are 180° apart. Our politicians are criminals for the most part.
Never thought I would ever say this, but the more I see the more I believe 911 was a globalist inside job. That is an extremely disturbing thought but looking more realistic as time goes by. The biggest question I have had since that morning is: why there were only 3K people there when on any other day at that time there would be ten times that many. A question that never really has been addressed. Its been hushed away like the grassy knoll .

I am all for closing Gitmo. It is a total stain and disgrace. Those Gitmo prisoners, mostly goat herders, cab drivers and merchants were just those caught up in the CIA's BS '$25k for turning in someone suspicious looking' charade.

No trials, nothing for most of them.

Americans once could separate themselves from nations like China or North Korea because we didn't do things like torture and snatch people off the street to make them disappear/down a hole.

Now we are no better, so whats the big difference between us 'good guys' and those terrible 'bad guys over there.' We lost our moral compass long ago.

Never thought I would ever say this, but the more I see the more I believe 911 was a globalist inside job.

Well at least many of us don't go through our lives believing the ridiculous, and the official story wouldn't fool a six year old. Unfortunately though, the deluded cannot be swayed by facts. There are hundreds of facts, statistics, chemical and physics equations that say 9/11 was a staged fraud. That people still hold the 19 hijackers and the bogeyman in the cave story as truth is evidence that the majority will gladly be TOLD what is truth and not think for themselves. It is not patriotic in any way to be a government worshiping drone.
9/11 Mysteries: Demolitions - YouTube

In 2005 I met William Rodriguez the last man to make it out of the towers before the collapse. A hero who helped others right up to the last minute. Anyone that spent ten minutes with the man would know the whole thing was a false flag, controlled demolition(s). That is anyone who can accept the painful reality that Americans were played for fools by the elite families who profit from banking, war, and death.

I am not pleased that soldiers signed up to go there. No offense intended.

No offence taken Cookie.
It is not that they signed up to go there (for the politicians who waged the war), they signed up to be a part of the American tradition taking the responsibility of being there for their country (no matter who is in charge) as My father, myself and my son have done without a thought.
I believe that not every American has what it takes to be a solider, some want all the freedoms without paying the price and some people still don't realize (or even care) what the actual price of freedom is.

Not all service members are what would be considered patriots . They have taken an oath to uphold the constitution of these United States yet what is happening to the rights granted by them to us.? The military hasn't been very good at actually winning a war or benefiting this country with profit from the cost of war other than to the military contractors and the politicians they lobby.

Not all service members are what would be considered patriots . They have taken an oath to uphold the constitution of these United States yet what is happening to the rights granted by them to us.? The military hasn't been very good at actually winning a war or benefiting this country with profit from the cost of war other than to the military contractors and the politicians they lobby.

I don't think you understand the role of a service member. The military hasn't been "very good at winning a war " because of poor leadership from the White House boneheads that think they know more about what's happening in a war zone that the military commanders who are actually there. As with everything else this administration has done, they believe that if you continue to drown the issue with more taxpayer dollars = problem solved. Paying your enemy not to shoot you in the back doesn't win wars, blood, bullets and bombs do....

I understand where IUSMC2002 is coming from, SSDD, get over IT.
I enlisted in the MC. Hoped to be a Embassy Guard, travel the world in dress blues.
Anyone know where the hell Raving Butte AZ is?
How hot does Yuma get?
Can it rain 6 inches in a day horizontally?
Never left CONUS.
Was only asked my opinion once, the whole time.
One of my Corporals asked me if he should get married now or later?

I wouldn't trade my memories for a second.

cookie, an oath is only as firm as the individual who upholds it in his heart.
My service to my country didn't grant you anything.

Was Korea a waste?
My neighbor Jerry was the only survivor of his company there. Bad.
South Korea is still free and folks have it much better than in the north. Good.
Lots of folks fought to free an all but defeated peoples.

Was Vietnam a waste?
There's a lot of Vietnamese Americans who are glad they escaped.
Beirute
Koh Tong
Iran
Grenada
Kuiate
Iraq
Somalia
Afghanistan

War happens. Be the victor, because losing is vaccuum.

I don't think you understand the role of a service member. The military hasn't been "very good at winning a war " because of poor leadership from the White House boneheads that think they know more about what's happening in a war zone that the military commanders who are actually there. As with everything else this administration has done, they believe that if you continue to drown the issue with more taxpayer dollars = problem solved. Paying your enemy not to shoot you in the back doesn't win wars, blood, bullets and bombs do....

I rarely read entire posts like this. I try to stay out of conversations such as these.

I am a Veteran (Army) and yes I have been to Foreign Countries due to conflicts. Every time I was deployed I saw the local people for who they truly were - saved/freed, appreciative, thankful, etc. Politicians have never seen this or have forgotten what those experiences are like.

It really angers me to read some of the recent SH*T in the news, and thanks to this OP I had to vent.

*sigh*

THANK YOU To ALL OF YOU that served. It made me who I am today. It made you who you are today. We would NEVER change that and I am glad you understand the true meaning of the word Patriot!

Moving On...

:s0155:

If they signed up they have made a conscious effort. no not all will be in the battlefield but they all support the grunts in many ways. And in my view, if you sign up for ANY ARMED FORCES, you are a Patriot!!!
The reason we have not won wars is because our effing politicians will not let us win, our hands are tied just like in Vietnam!!!
If you have not served then you have no dog in this fight and cannot complain about the conditions of war!!!

I don't care the reason why wars aren't won, they are not and I can't see benefits from the money wasted and I do not benefit from dividends from any of the military contractors or lobby money to vote for wars. Wars without profit are a waste of lives and resourses plain and simple.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top