JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Right you are. My mistake. But the point is the same. Being smart tactically is effective. Premature ejaculations are not.

And as long as we're providing lessons to one another: It's "New Orleans" not "New Orelans". Not sure what your point is about the Kentucky Long Rifle, but you are certainly correct that it, with superior tactics, played a role in that battle. And an interesting piece of history, even if not relevant to this discussion.

Right you are. My mistake. But the point is the same. Being smart tactically is effective. Premature ejaculations are not.

And as long as we're providing lessons to one another: It's "New Orleans" not "New Orelans". Not sure what your point is about the Kentucky Long Rifle, but you are certainly correct that it, with superior tactics, played a role in that battle. And an interesting piece of history, even if not relevant to this discussion.

:s0129:

Sparky's back, but he seems to be sleeping. Shhhh.

Could someone remind Sparky when he wakes up that he still hasn't substantiated or apologized for his "typical leftist" accusation? I think Sparky's a man, so I assume he'll want to do one or the other. Maybe I'm wrong in that thought, but Sparky can tell us when he wakes up. Don't wake him up, though. He gets kinda grouchy sometimes.

Isn't he cute when he's sleeping though? Just look.

The point was he dealt with his opponent before they were in a position to do damage back... rather than "waiting"...

Sparky's back, but he seems to be sleeping. Shhhh.

Could someone remind Sparky when he wakes up that he still hasn't substantiated or apologized for his "typical leftist" accusation? I think Sparky's a man, so I assume he'll want to do one or the other. Maybe I'm wrong in that thought, but Sparky can tell us when he wakes up. Don't wake him up, though. He gets kinda grouchy sometimes.

Isn't he cute when he's sleeping though? Just look.

Your powers of baiting, negative reinforcement and reverse psychology are weak young Padawan! ;)

Sparky, are you awake and multiplying? There seem to be four of you, and multi-ethnic too, judging by the skin tone. I'm fine with that. One guy with a thumb and three laughing. Ok. If that works for you.

Anyway....

So back to that "typical leftist" comment. Want to get some coffee after your nap, or are you ready to put up or apologize now?

I can wait if you are still sleepy. Maybe your three heads are all laughing in their sleep. We might should just let you continue dreaming. Should we call somebody though? I mean, three different colored heads and a fourth with a big thumb. It sounds kinda like something from Revelations. Or "Halloween 8". I'm here for you bro'. Just know that.

Sparky, are you awake and multiplying? There seem to be four of you, and multi-ethnic too, judging by the skin tone. I'm fine with that. One guy with a thumb and three laughing. Ok. If that works for you.

Anyway....

So back to that "typical leftist" comment. Want to get some coffee after your nap, or are you ready to put up or apologize now? I can wait if you are still sleepy.

See post 139

Actually it was you accusing me of labeling you a Liberal which I didn't do and proved I didn't and you acknowledged I didn't. And now you are just on some silly diversion quest that isn't really worth responding to since your only point is diversion.

Ready to point out the threatening of violence against you with rider post?

This is actually the last time I'm going to ask that question since I honestly can't be expected to care at this point!

Well this thread took an interesting turn and the debate recently started was interesting until CEF decided he just had to throw more stones at most people here.

CEF you seem to have this deep seated need to both attempt to speak as if you are above us and throw petty stones at random at just about anyone willing to debate with you, which I might add you claim you want "A rational Debate". News flash CEF your mud slinging does not reinforce your self proclaimed rational debate. You are in fact your own worse enemy. You have succeeded in doing one thing only CEF. You have succeeded in not making any friends here. This is neither good for the 2nd amendment cause or promotion of rational debate.

FYI I am not a right wing nut job or a liberal wing nut. You seem more interested in dividing us then uniting us. In fact I believe that is what you are trying to do. This isn't about RED vs BLUE here. What we need to focus on is setting our petty differences aside and uniting all 2nd amendment supporters.

Quit hating and attempting to divide us you monkey.

Sparky, I have the reference right here. It was a threat in July if I showed up at an NWFA event, and it included a racist reference to Obama. But the deal is you have to either either show evidence to support your accusation of yesterday that I'm a "typical leftist" or apologize. Or you can simply withdraw the comment.

For example, you could say this: "I have no evidence that you are a 'typical leftist', but I still think you are a jerk."

or: "I'm sorry I called you a 'typical leftist' but your momma's ugly."

or: "You are a typical leftist, but I have no evidence of that."

or: "Here is evidence of your typical leftist leanings: ______"

It's not that hard. If you are a man.

Come on Sparky. You can do this.

This isn't about RED vs BLUE here. What we need to focus on is setting our petty differences aside and uniting all 2nd amendment supporters.

Quit hating and attempting to divide us you monkey.

Whoa whoa whoa. I was getting that until you got to the monkey part. Do you see the irony in combining "quit hating" and "you monkey" in the same sentence? So University of Chicago Law Professor, Harvard Law Professor Cass Sunstein is the kook here? Whoa....

Everyone OK with the "you monkey" comment?

Sparky, I have the reference right here. It was a threat in July if I showed up at an NWFA event, and it included a racist reference to Obama. But the deal is you have to either either show evidence to support your accusation of yesterday that I'm a "typical leftist" or apologize. Or you can simply withdraw the comment.

For example, you could say this: "I have no evidence that you are a 'typical leftist', but I still think you are a jerk."

or: "I'm sorry I called you a 'typical leftist' but your momma's ugly."

or: "You are a typical leftist, but I have no evidence of that."

or: "Here is evidence of your typical leftist leanings: ______"

It's not that hard. If you are a man.

Come on Sparky. You can do this.

But you are taking the meaning out of context. If you understood the context you would understand why there is no retraction or apology needed.

What I said:

Quote Trlsmn
"Are you going to be the typical leftist"

That means:
Are you going to be like the typical leftist and not back up your own words.

What you claim I said:

Quote CEF1959:
"You are a typical leftist"

That means:
You are a typical leftist

Do you understand the difference? Would you like me to explain the difference?

Whoa whoa whoa. I was getting that until you got to the monkey part. Do you see the irony in combining "quit hating" and "you monkey" in the same sentence? So University of Chicago Law Professor, Harvard Law Professor Cass Sunstein is the kook here? Whoa....

If the Monkey comment offends you I'm sorry. It was not meant to be an insult. I have a strange sense of humor.

I don't know enough about Cass Sunstein to make the case of Kookery or not Kookery. I do not agree with his philosophies about animal rights, gun control, or hunting. I'm not happy he's been appointed nope.

Not RED vs BLUE
Quit hating

See no Monkey this time. I trust you can comprehend this version? :D

Yup! Can we move on? Thanks. :s0155:

Oh, man, why do the grownups always show up and try to spoil the fun?

But I think (hope) we're all having fun here. And there's a bit of important substance too mixed in. I'm the minority here, and I'm not whining. So let's let this go a bit. OK, mods? Just a wee bit of fun for the lads, with a spot of real gun policy debate mixed in? I don't think it's personal. Just lively. And if I as the minority don't feel threatened, what's the harm?

Folks that want to tune out can, right?

But you are taking the meaning out of context. If you understood the context you would understand why there is no retraction or apology needed.

What I said:

Quote Trlsmn
"Are you going to be the typical leftist"

That means:
Are you going to be like the typical leftist and not back up your own words.

What you claim I said:

Quote CEF1959:
"You are a typical leftist"

That means:
You are a typical leftist

Do you understand the difference? Would you like me to explain the difference?

So you didn't mean to call me a "typical leftist". You were merely inquiring whether I was going to be a typical leftist without intending to suggest I actually was one?

Really? OK. If that's your story, I'll accept it. If that's your point, I'll go with it and thank you for the clarification.

If that is your position, I'll go dig up the threat and racist thingy. OK?

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews