JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i still think the two of you have completely missed my point. i would also point out, that the kind of things that have been said are what makes it hard for us to keep our individual liberties. we just cant start talking about tar and feathering people, sooner or later there will be someone who tries to follow through. try to keep it to real solutions until sensible the options have been expended.

I see we are going to be at odds because your philosophy means we have no ultimate recourse to violence, which in the end all peoples must use to retain liberty. It always comes down to a fight and you have failed to learn the lessons of history, so you set us up to repeat them

something i said before that i think you missed: "dont say anything unless its constructive or positive, anything else can be conveyed with actions. making remarks that incite, imply, threaten or direct harm in any way is pointless; or foolish if you plan to follow through."

just because i prefer to avoid violence and talk of violence (past entertainment, either fake or sanctioned), does not mean i would hide from it. just so happens i carry scars from fights i went into knowing i would likely loose. no i have never been in a position i felt my life was at risk but i am a firm believer in dying for the right reasons, whether i would be able to follow through with that belief is beyond me. i was always the small kid in class that only got picked on by the ones that didnt know me and they only tried once or twice, if that gives you any indication.

"The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men." Samuel Adams

I'll go with Sam on this one.

sorry GOG but i think you are still missing the point. i will agree that many the things that have been happening in legislature since the introduction of the patriot act have been crossing the line. i will also agree that there could possibly be a time when fighting to return those rights could also come. joking about or threatening to maim people does not help either of those cases. if you want to be treated with respect, you should act like a reasonable person. to tar and feather a person is the same as telling people you have no compassion for the life of another. if i were in such a situation i would defend the person being tarred, regardless of what you feel he did to deserve it. you will never get people to help with your fight if you brutalize people unnecessarily.

maybe take it from Theodore Roosevelt "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."

Kevin, I haven't misunderstood you. I also understand that you will stand for liberty if it comes down to that eventuality. I just refuse to tiptoe around anymore in the interests of "dialogue". I'm a reasonable man, so I will still converse and attempt to persuade, but I won't waste my breath or my time trying to convince the un-convinceable.

I believe that we are at our Rubicon and I've made my choice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top