JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+1 on doing this with Velzey. Nice guy and helping a small family business. Also a heck of a good gunsmith. Prices his items fairly and tests everything to make sure he's not selling anything that needs work.

Plenty of ffls that will buy the whole collection.
They will give wholesale prices but it will be done with

This is very true...And this is how people get taken advantage of.
When a whole lot is purchased they just average everything out and toss out an offer. And that's how you turn $15,000 in firearms into $4800. Ive seen it happen time and time again. Folks are in a hurry to sell the lot and get taken advantage of.
But to each their own, sometimes they just want it over and done with.

Have them do a massive post here. It would be cool if they schedualed a few sales all at once at a local FFL like tigard pawn 4 more.

Depending on what they had and their prices Im quite sure they could get a few guys on NWFA to make a solid commitment and all show up the same day. That would clear quite a few.

If they list what they have on here Id be interested in helping out and perhaps buying something.. Or a few somethings.
Ammo, mags, accessories.. They could post a massive firesale ad. If the prices are decent they'll have no trouble moving said firearms. I wouldnt sell all of them to an FFL, they'll get pennies on the dollar for their items. Honestly, if they make a post here they may sell far more and get much more $ in return.

Lastly, Im quite sad to hear about their son and his illness. :(

I got some more information today. I will get some pics later today. He had several AR's, hunting rifles, shotguns and several glocks. She said that except for one of the pistols he never shot any of the others, he just collected them so they believe they are all brand new.

He also had a bunch of accessories - scopes, AR accessories, gun rests, and I think reloading stuff (they did not know for sure)

What do you guys think with all the accessories? Perhaps the estate seller with the FFL is the best approach for that?

The family is struggling with his condition so they really want to bring everything somewhere had get it sold. They wont be able to handle individual sales themselves.

I would say for the accessories to sell them on here or something, because most dealers dont give a rip about accessories from what I have found out.. be interested to see whats for sale.. I know by dad has been looking for a gen 4 g19 in 9mm..

I hear ya. I've been poking around at getting an AR type. Wasn't sure which direction to go. Maybe there is something that I'd be interested in too.

Hopefully an FFL on here can step up and "consign" the items.

I have friend of the family that is an estate liquidator that holds a FFL. Families regularly come to him to sell gun collections. So he takes care of the background check and the transfer for every gun he sells. I have purchased and done a dozen or so transfers with him. I highly recommend him.

Gunscapes Northwest
Dan Anderson
(503) 704-1605

Thanks for this, I gave him a call. Sounds like a good option as well. He will drive out to their house, do the inventory and transfer and sells at 15% consignment.

He also has some C&R guns that he has for sale now (like a carl gustov mauser still in cosmoline) that he is going to email me on.

Thanks for this, I gave him a call. Sounds like a good option as well. He will drive out to their house, do the inventory and transfer and sells at 15% consignment.

He also has some C&R guns that he has for sale now (like a carl gustov mauser still in cosmoline) that he is going to email me on.
Oh good! I am glad he was able to help! Yeah he has a collection now he is selling off, with some pretty interesting pieces.

Yeah, definitely would not recommend selling to a dealer. I spoke with J&B firearms as well and they would help them determine values and cosign the collection if they wanted so I have a bunch of good options to give them.

This brings up a question for me. I have 10 to 15 guns I'd like to get rid of. Some are just too big for my bad shoulders anymore. Few are high end and/or rare. At my age and at this point in my life, I'd like to sell most of them and invest in one or two better guns and a supply of ammo for them.

How would one go about doing so and if a consignment, what kind of split or fee should I expect?

K-Falls is a great place to live but not the best place to sell guns.

I would see if he can sign over power of attorney, and the call the local ATF office to see if a family member or power of attorney can sell the firearms on his behalf.
Tell them if not they will find they way off the boat and into the river!

Seems to me my gun trust was very, very cheap to set up. Why not have him do that and the situation is no longer so urgent. Add a couple of alternative or co-trustees and then the later sales are simplified.

This brings up a question for me. I have 10 to 15 guns I'd like to get rid of. Some are just too big for my bad shoulders anymore. Few are high end and/or rare. At my age and at this point in my life, I'd like to sell most of them and invest in one or two better guns and a supply of ammo for them.

How would one go about doing so and if a consignment, what kind of split or fee should I expect?

K-Falls is a great place to live but not the best place to sell guns.

Might be some work, but you can always go through gunbroker.com. They are like ebay for firearms.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top