JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
so if you get one with a rifle length barrel and a folding stock it is considered a rifle right? the 308 with the 15" pistol barrel would be ideal, but then i wouldnt be able to use it to hunt during rifle season? or is the 16" barrel minimum only apply to assault/automatic rifles?

all these regulations make my head spin!!!!

To be defined as a rifle it has to have a minimum of 16" barrel. Barrel length is measure from the closed bolt face to the furthest permanently mounted part.

To be a rifle (or any other long gun) it has to be 26" in OAL. By Federal regulation it is measured from "extreme" ends, meaning with the stock fully extended or open. There are some states that measure from the closed position, OR and WA follow Federal law.

Here is the short version, Short-barreled rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i mean i cant hunt with a pistol class gun during rifle season. a TC encore in .308 pistol setup can be used in many other situations, just not as a brush gun in rifle season.

i mean i cant hunt with a pistol class gun during rifle season. a TC encore in .308 pistol setup can be used in many other situations, just not as a brush gun in rifle season.

Why can't you? Oregon has a centerfire season, not a pistol or rifle season. Do you have a copy of the hunting regulations? Pistols are listed right next to rifles and have the same caliber requirements as the rifles do.

man as hard as elk are to find you want to go poking little holes in a elk just to see it run away is crazy. You'll hit it fine but when it runs off you'll assume you missed and go off on your way. if you want to relive your days in vietnam oh wait were you even born yet by hunting elk with a AR make sure its at least a .308

That bullet has to able to travel distance through brush as well hit its target break through hide and bone to damage a vital to drop a elk . there is noting in a little Ar15 platform good enough to do that unless your a really good shot and a really good hunter but a good hunter knows to bring the right tool for the job.

1: it is illegal to hunt with a 30 round mag IN EVERY STATE. if u dont even know the basic regulations u arent a competent hunter and definitely shouldnt be wheighing in on a good hunting caliber. if u dont know stfu please.

In the Oregon regs
■ Semiautomatic rifles with a magazine capacity greater than five cartridges prohibited (except for western gray squirrel).

If its a bolt you can have as many as you want!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top