JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't shopped for healthcare in a very long time. Enrolling in single person healthcare insurance, essentially Tri-care for veterans. No pre-existing conditions. No dependents. Premium is $400 per month. $50 annual deductible, $1000 out-of pocket annual for catastrophic coverage with 100% thereafter with no limits. No dental or vision. Scripts co-pay is cheap, around $10.

Is $400 for pretty great, average, or terrible?

I haven't shopped for healthcare in a very long time. Enrolling in single person healthcare insurance, essentially Tri-care for veterans. No pre-existing conditions. No dependents. Premium is $400 per month. $50 annual deductible, $1000 out-of pocket annual for catastrophic coverage with 100% thereafter with no limits. No dental or vision. Scripts co-pay is cheap, around $10.

Is $400 for pretty great, average, or terrible?

How old are you?

That is an awesome plan and deal. I dealt selecting and paying for health care plans for employees for 25 years. The lady sitting next to me says that plan sounds too good to be true in today's health care market and with her 17 years in executive level health care management, I agree.

Pretty good deal, however your deductible is pretty low for someone with no PEs, I would suggest at least pricing a policy with a higher deductible. I know mine dropped from about $350/mo to about $150/mo when I upped my deductible (I think I'm at $6K now, was at 2). For comparison I'm mid-30's smoker, no PE's and I havn't been to a doctor in at least 2 years except for my annual. Also, before obamacare, my healthcare was $69/mo.

I went with the higher deductible to bank all that savings, I figure in the case of a catastrophic injury, I can put my out of pocket on a credit card (yes, I have a credit card just for this).

What ever you do do not buy it through one of those ObamaCare exchanges.
Just last week the US intelligence services advised that the government contractor who built the website has subcontracted some of the work to Belarus - a country known to be on the cutting edge of hacking and financial and identity theft.
It might explain how a Russian hacker was able to breach the exchanges of Kalifornia and Nevada and copy their databases right after they went live.

Yes, there is really little reason to go through an exchange. You can deal direct with most insurance agents, generally there are only a few insurers in any given state anyways. I know having to do my search for auto-insurance a few weeks ago, it took me about an hour and a half to get quotes from 6 insurers, most of them had an insurance agent call me up within about 4 hours with a still lower quote.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top