JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Damn...some of that footage looks old...so since I fought in the invasion of Panama does that mean that I am old...?

My first unit and first combat deployment was there...Lots of memories watching this.
If at anytime you see US soldiers with what looks like burlap or a "Ghillie Suit" on their helmets , in that video...
That is the 9th Infantry Regiment , my first unit in the Army...

Cool video and thank you for posting.
Andy

The eldest brother in my family was deployed there and I think that was the first time oversees. I was still a child and I remember my mother being worried sick. I think we had a Mass said for him and I was an alter boy during said. Anyway, he came back fine. We went fishing together around that time, and he said a little about it, but not a lot.

Anyway, glad you liked the video. And thank you for your service @AndyinEverson.

I have found that for me at least...
When I got out of the Army...the thoughts of combat , while more "fresh" or recent in my life...didn't creep into my mind as much as they can now....

Note that I am not saying that I am having issues here or "flashbacks"...
These are simply memories that I am aware of and find myself thinking of...a bit more often the older and more removed from those times and places , I get.
Andy

When I got out of the Army...the thoughts of combat , while more "fresh" or recent in my life...didn't creep into my mind as much as they can now....

These are simply memories that I am aware of and find myself thinking of...a bit more often the older and more removed from those times and places , I get.
Andy

Ditto

Andy

I don't dwell too much on stuff like that anymore either. I've woken up to the reality of the state of human nature and the human condition... the real enemies threatening our lives are from "within", as has been prominently stated by others over the years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top