JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately, most of the 2A sanctuary measures are toothless, grandstanding resolutions, very few are actually binding law. In many cases they give people a false sense of accomplishment and security.

Local governments actually have the power to make it legal to use their resources and funds to enforce gun control measures but almost none of these sanctuary measures do that. For example, none of the Washington counties listed are actually 2A sanctuaries, they only have sheriffs who vowed not to enforce parts or all of I-1639 pending the outcome of a court challenge. The NRA and SAF lost their case in a federal trial court last year and are appealing.

Last Edited:
The whole State of Arizona is now a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary
HB2111 makes no reference to the 2nd Amendment (except in the title). Here's what the operative text of the law says: "Pursuant to the sovereign authority of this state and article II, section 3, Constitution of Arizona, This state and all political subdivisions of this state are prohibited from using any personnel or financial resources to enforce, administer or cooperate with any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the United States government that is inconsistent with any law of this state regarding the regulation of firearms."

I would like to see an ordinance that requires all willing citizens to be deputized by the County Sheriff. The deputazation could be limited in scope so as not to allow any other duties other than to carry firearms for future call up to additional duties with the Sheriffs dept. It would be simliar to a militia but under the purview of the Sheriff's Dept. This could allow those deputized to avoid restrictions in anti gun laws that have LE exceptions.

Pennsylvania didn't surprise me much, but I would have expected to see at least some green in New Hampshire or Maine. I need to read up on the methodology behind this map ...
Well, Maine, NH, and Vermont are already so 2A friendly they prob don't need sanctuary jurisdictions.

In fact, Bernie's home state has virtually no firearm laws to speak of... and almost no violent crime. Impossible, IKR.?? Beto's head must explode trying to figure that one out. I'd pay good money to see that, BTW.

If all the world looked like Kansas, you could stand on a baseball pitcher's mound and see the back of your head
Kansas was the place where I've seen a line of power poles vanish into the horizon in a most striking manner. Every little overpass on the interstate I could see a car coming ... for 20 minutes. The same car. Heading east at sunrise - no fun.

HB2111 makes no reference to the 2nd Amendment (except in the title). Here's what the operative text of the law says: "Pursuant to the sovereign authority of this state and article II, section 3, Constitution of Arizona, This state and all political subdivisions of this state are prohibited from using any personnel or financial resources to enforce, administer or cooperate with any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the United States government that is inconsistent with any law of this state regarding the regulation of firearms."

Thing I love about the 2nd Amendment Sanctuary legislation is since it's built on the same protections that shield illegal alien sanctuaries, progressives would hafta fix the illegal alien problem before they can do much about further eroding my 2nd Amendment rights

Thing I love about the 2nd Amendment Sanctuary legislation is since it's built on the same protections that shield illegal alien sanctuaries, progressives would hafta fix the illegal alien problem before they can do much about further eroding my 2nd Amendment rights
I'd like to imagine that too but I'm getting used to being disappointed.

I haven't conducted a systematic comparison but anecdotally it seems the Left has done a much better job at giving their sanctuary measures teeth when compared to the generally weak, symbolic 2A sanctuary measures.

FWIW, in recent history it was gun rights supporters who pioneered the idea of lawfully restricting local and state officials from enforcing federal laws. The seminal case is Printz v. United States, 521 U.S. 898 (1997), and it was brought to oppose the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act. Unfortunately, our side has not capitalized on that important victory and most people don't know anything about it.

You Can add the entire state of Texas, Today the Gov said he will sign 2 new laws that have already passed congress,

1 Constitutional Carry
2 The state of Texas will become a 2nd Amendment Santuary State Period.

Glad to be living in a state that expands our Bill of Rights instead of just reaction to the Progressive Communist Crimminals taking over America

God Bless Texas

Didn't stop Fed Agents (ICE &BP) from deporting millions of illegals fron those "sanctuary" places :rolleyes:
I'd like to imagine that too but I'm getting used to being disappointed.
Indeed :(
I haven't conducted a systematic comparison but anecdotally it seems the Left has done a much better job at giving their sanctuary measures teeth when compared to the generally weak, symbolic 2A sanctuary measures.

FWIW, in recent history it was gun rights supporters who pioneered the idea of lawfully restricting local and state officials from enforcing federal laws. The seminal case is Printz v. United States, 521 U.S. 898 (1997), and it was brought to oppose the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act. Unfortunately, our side has not capitalized on that important victory and most people don't know anything about it.
Yes but as noted above; during 2009-2015, the Feds deported about 2.5 million illegals. I haven't found data on which States most of the deportations were from yet. Again, despite the Sanctuary States/Cities, the Feds still did as they pleased.

Yes but as noted above; during 2009-2015, the Feds deported about 2.5 million illegals. I haven't found data on which States most of the deportations were from yet. Again, despite the Sanctuary States/Cities, the Feds still did as they pleased.
You say "during 2009-2015, the Feds deported about 2.5 million illegals". Okay.

According to DHS, there were an estimated 10.8 million illegal aliens living in the United States in 2009. By 2015, that number had increased to 11.4 million where it stayed as of January 2018. There are no more recent estimates on the DHS site that I have seen.

Therefore, I hope you will understand if I do not consider your 2.5 million deportation figure to be conclusive evidence that immigration sanctuary laws have not significantly impeded federal immigration enforcement activities or that "the Feds still did as they pleased." In other words, if the flow of illegal immigrants can be likened to water pouring into a sinking ship then DHS is still failing to get the leaks and flooding under control and the obstructions created by sanctuary laws have likely made it more difficult for DHS to plug the leaks and bail out the water. That is the manifest purpose of these laws.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top