JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yup....passing a new law requiring "Grocery Stores" to pay an extra $4 an hour as "Hazard Pay". QFC (so far). But how will the new law also affect the local Winco or Safeway?

Of course, it won't affect the BIG GUYS (i.e. Wal Mart or Target). HINT: Definition "Grocery Store"

Aloha, Mark

PS.....probably gonna see higher shelf prices as a result. F@^*ing Seattle. Lucky I don't live there. BUT....I can also foresee the rot extending. Remember that thread complaining about the number of real grocery stores available to the residents of the "inner cities"?

Last Edited:
It would be nice to see Seattle do something pragmatic just once instead of the constant virtue signaling. If we tell you we're all convinced now that you're better than us, can you drop the act for just a few minutes and do something useful?

That's a hell of a backfire.

Turned out, instead of getting a raise, they lost their jobs entirely!

BTW....DYK?

Seattle already has a $16.69 min wage (and for some companies, it's $15) as of 2021.

So....now add $4 an hour to pick up grocery carts = KaChing!!!

Aloha, Mark

A while back when not only Seattle but a few cites started saying they were going to do this anyone with a brain knew what would happen. It of course did. The sad part is those who lost their job will stand there and blame people who are not in charge, as they vote for the people who cost them their job. As with the Min wage increase it will lead to job loss, and price increase. Stores that remain open will of course raise prices and cut back more. Again voters are getting what they ask for and deserve :s0092:
This will of course also effect the tax base, as it always does. This will cause many who can to shop outside of the city. So sales taxes are lost on top of jobs.

Yup....Long Beach, CA has it too.

Aloha, Mark
"The ordinance would be in place for at least 120 days, after which the ordinance would come back to the city council for a possible extension."

I think we all know that tune. :rolleyes:

"The day after the city council passed the ordinance, the California Grocers Association filed a legal challenge to an ordinance. The claim asked the court to declare the pending hazard pay decree invalid and unconstitutional.

The CGA alleged that the ordinance is illegal because, by singling out certain grocers and ignoring other groups that employ essential frontline workers, it violates the constitutional requirement that similarly situated people must be treated alike. The CGA also argued that the ordinance is preempted by the federal National Labor Relations Act, which protects the integrity of the collective-bargaining process."

I-M-SHOCKED-1.jpg The rebellion must be put down.
Private businesses (using their own money) to fight City Hall (using Taxpayer's Money).

Aloha, Mark

Let us all remember that the residents of the City of Seattle voted for this type of city management, so if people loose their jobs, that is the end result of the voters ultimate outcome....they have no body to blame but themselves....

Seattle voted in and stood by their craziness, I only have sympathy towards those who want to leave but are somehow unable.

Is it illegal for grocery store to impose a "hero service charge" in their Seattles store which an additional 25% is collected at check out? That will help pay for the heroic actions of grocery workers who selflessly bagged my frozen pizza and collect wondering shopping carts stolen by homeless people? :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top