JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just found out I'm heading to Seattle area tomorrow and the Mrs. suggested I bring a pole. Just wondering are any rivers open for trout/bass/whatever yet? Probably bring my fly pole, and spinner, but won't be wading. I saw Angle Lake, and possibly Green Lake - but noticed Duwamish River on the map.
Unlike the Oregon regs that say - this river opens this date, I can't seem to find that for WA. Probably need to get off the tablet. :) Anyway - is the Duwamish open, and if so any good bank access from Angle Lake up to Seattle?

Thanks

Thanks Caveman - I'm going to get my license and plan on stopping there, I found a shop by where I'm staying so I'll go chat them up as well.

Just found out I'm heading to Seattle area tomorrow and the Mrs. suggested I bring a pole. Just wondering are any rivers open for trout/bass/whatever yet? Probably bring my fly pole, and spinner, but won't be wading. I saw Angle Lake, and possibly Green Lake - but noticed Duwamish River on the map.
Unlike the Oregon regs that say - this river opens this date, I can't seem to find that for WA. Probably need to get off the tablet. :) Anyway - is the Duwamish open, and if so any good bank access from Angle Lake up to Seattle?

Thanks

Are you sure fishing is what she meant by bringing a pole:p

Serioulsy though, the Green/Duwamish is closed.
According to the regs (page 87) both Angle and Green Lakes are "year-round lakes", rules of which are on pages 16-17.
Lake Washington is open for trout.
The Sammamish river is open for catch and release

http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/01726/wdfw01726.pdf

Hope this helps.

Ray

Greenlake is open year-round and has been fairly productive the last couple of weeks.
WDFW used to dump upwards of 20,000 trout in there a year, but haven't been doing that lately.
If you're going to fly fish it, use a strike indicator and a red chironomid pattern; fish from the docks near the shell house (look for the cement stadium-looking thing with a big, green "G" painted on it). Otherwise, it's a Powerbait show.

Good point, but I don't want to risk either option by asking for clarification! :D And thank you for the heads up on the Green/Duwamish!

Greenlake is open year-round and has been fairly productive the last couple of weeks.
WDFW used to dump upwards of 20,000 trout in there a year, but haven't been doing that lately.
If you're going to fly fish it, use a strike indicator and a red chironomid pattern; fish from the docks near the shell house (look for the cement stadium-looking thing with a big, green "G" painted on it). Otherwise, it's a Powerbait show.

Perfect, I was planning on bringing chironmoids, got some read ice cream cones ready to roll, and Powerbait! Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top