JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My annoyance for PayPal was greatly subdued by the humor provided by the whole dildo story and comments.

Thanks guys!

Listen.
Can you imagine what went through my brain? I was flying back home to Boise. Plane is landing. I check my gmail email account. And there in all it's nasty horror, somebody bought a 9 inch dildo on my account. Needless to say, I had a few questions for the wife went I got home.

PayPal royally screwed me to the tune of $1200, took several months of back and forth between my bank and PayPal to settle it and reverse the charges, all for something I never even heard of let alone purchased. I'm Parma blocked from PayPal, and wouldn't use them ever again any way. Sukz, but it's the way the marble bounces!

I had someone hack my eBay account and use my credit card on pay pal to buy a 9 inch dildo. Lol! Yes I cancelled Both
Accounts. I have no clue how they got my cc number and hooked up with my eBay account.
Somebody sure is popular with the guys... ;)

Joking aside, the OP's story is exactly why I don't trust electronic funds transfers and pay-day loans.

I had a problem with them. They are almost impossible to deal with. My account is still in limited status so I just quit using them. It does make it a bit harder to buy a few things on here.

If people here want to sell stuff and they like CASH or USPS MO they will wait for payment but some are just tied to only electronic gizmos & will not accept anything else... Oh well they don't want my money, no sweat.:p

Well, I've been using Apple Pay more and more now instead. It's pretty simple, and I don't believe they charge any stupid fees anywhere yet.

The transaction in question that I was trying to complete that started my rant on PayPal was completed using Apple Pay.

The thing that sucks is in instances where I've gotten this community to come together for a cause, I've found using PayPal as an extremely easy way to collect money from donations. Then easily manage the funds from a single source.

We also have an account with them through Trash No Land that is used for donations. Though, I don't think Cogs uses it to buy things, so it shouldn't come into any trouble like mine did with some random 5 year repeating subscription.

I'm up in the air if I'll cut them off completely after this or not, they just are so well established and recognized.

It's rather annoying.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top