JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well we started derailing the post what you bought today thread after talking about the ACSS Raptor scope I got in today from Primary Arms.

So figured we should probably move this to an appropriate spot.

@EPS You mentioned you're looking for a good .22lr?

What did you have in mind? leaver action, bolt action, or semi-auto?

I will have to ask my buddy about his leaver action .22lr as I am not sure what brand/model it is, but I do know that it is really nice, very accurate, and feeds everything from 22short, long, LR, CB, etc... even mixed. leaver actions are good for that sorta thing.

bolt actions I don't see the point in when it comes to .22lr unless it's for a kid to train them for a bigger bolt gun. Just my opinion but I see .22lr as both a training gun and a gun you just blow off steam with or plink just cause lol. at $0.04/rd or so you can usually afford to let er rip so to speak. I like trying to fire off a whole mag as quickly as I can and see how tight I can keep the group at that rate of fire.

now for semi-auto you really can't go wrong with a ruger 10-22. it's a classic and everyone makes aftermarket stuff for them including replacement stocks, barrels, bolts, mags, etc.

Rare but great find for the 10/22 is the AMT lightning 25/22. It's basically an all stainless steel and polymer clone of the Ruger 10/22 but they are rare as AMT got sued out of existence for blatantly copying the 10/22 and violating patent/copyright laws. regardless it is built to stand the test of time and far more durable than most Rugers. If you spot one used at a gun shop: I'd buy it on the spot.

If you want an AR style semi: the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 is a good choice. shares the same furniture and fire control group as the AR-15, so hammer, trigger, springs, pins, grip, and stock are all interchangeable. They're a polymer gun so not too heavy. downside is replacement barrels are near impossible to find. I believe there is 1 carbon fiber barrel out there for them, but that's it. simple gun though and functions mostly like an AR-15. even uses a charging handle. I replaced mine with an aluminum one with an extended latch...comes with a plastic charging handle.

Plenty of parts out there for them though as far as mags and accessories go.

Well we started derailing the post what you bought today thread after talking about the ACSS Raptor scope I got in today from Primary Arms.

So figured we should probably move this to an appropriate spot.

@EPS You mentioned you're looking for a good .22lr?

What did you have in mind? leaver action, bolt action, or semi-auto?

I will have to ask my buddy about his leaver action .22lr as I am not sure what brand/model it is, but I do know that it is really nice, very accurate, and feeds everything from 22short, long, LR, CB, etc... even mixed. leaver actions are good for that sorta thing.

bolt actions I don't see the point in when it comes to .22lr unless it's for a kid to train them for a bigger bolt gun. Just my opinion but I see .22lr as both a training gun and a gun you just blow off steam with or plink just cause lol. at $0.04/rd or so you can usually afford to let er rip so to speak. I like trying to fire off a whole mag as quickly as I can and see how tight I can keep the group at that rate of fire.

now for semi-auto you really can't go wrong with a ruger 10-22. it's a classic and everyone makes aftermarket stuff for them including replacement stocks, barrels, bolts, mags, etc.

Rare but great find for the 10/22 is the AMT lightning 25/22. It's basically an all stainless steel and polymer clone of the Ruger 10/22 but they are rare as AMT got sued out of existence for blatantly copying the 10/22 and violating patent/copyright laws. regardless it is built to stand the test of time and far more durable than most Rugers. If you spot one used at a gun shop: I'd buy it on the spot.

If you want an AR style semi: the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 is a good choice. shares the same furniture and fire control group as the AR-15, so hammer, trigger, springs, pins, grip, and stock are all interchangeable. They're a polymer gun so not too heavy. downside is replacement barrels are near impossible to find. I believe there is 1 carbon fiber barrel out there for them, but that's it. simple gun though and functions mostly like an AR-15. even uses a charging handle. I replaced mine with an aluminum one with an extended latch...comes with a plastic charging handle.

Plenty of parts out there for them though as far as mags and accessories go.
I have a AR with the CMMG CONVERSION KIT.
and I just bought a Ruger 22/45 pistol.
But I'm thinking a 10/22 RIFLE with a bull barrel.like the tactical style. hqdefault-1.jpg 8165660049_2f1e0867f9_c.jpg

As for letting it rip HEHEE when me and Andy where Shooting on Saturday .
I got my gun sights set and let 25 rip .
Lol Andy said you just can't control your self.
Lol I said nope I just spent .50 cents.
Lol better than 6 bucks when I dump mags on my ARS

I use my two Browning ABolt .22LR rifles as offseason practice. Similar scope to my main hunting iron. It's like shooting free throws in practice. When the big game is on the line, muscle memory takes over.

100_1337_zps1f6d5e61.jpg

photo_zps450d36e7.png

Taught my boy to shooting using one. I don't bet against him when bullets are involved.

P

As for letting it rip HEHEE when me and Andy where Shooting on Saturday .
I got my gun sights set and let 25 rip .
Lol Andy said you just can't control your self.
Lol I said nope I just spent .50 cents.
Lol better than 6 bucks when I dump mags on my ARS

I'm the same way with .22lr lol. Fiancee and I were at the range shooting my P22 pistol teaching her how to shoot a handgun.

She said it was my turn to do a mag, so I slapped one in and dumped it in about 2 seconds. and handed it back and said "your turn!" with a big arse grin on my face...she rolled her eyes LOL

Last Edited:
So this is what I got now .
The AR is a AR-15 with a 22 Conversion kit.
CMMG .the pistol is a new 22/45 lite.
I change the grips and added the muzzle brake.
To match the 22 AR MVIMG_20181218_173450.jpg MVIMG_20181218_173459.jpg MVIMG_20181218_173508.jpg

be careful...she (my fiancee) might steal those blue parts LOL. she likes blue.

If my P22 was blue I'd never get it back from her. But she's content shooting that one for now.

If my P22 was blue I'd never get it back from her. But she's content shooting that one for now.
I wanted the green 22/45 but they didn't have it at the gun shop .then I thought about it and told them to order a grey one.
Lol the guy came back and said we don't have to order it we have one in the back.
Lol I said not no more I'm buying it

Lol I got a PROBLEM when it comes to COLORS.lol and matching pistol with Rifle
Red AR with a red Glock 22 .
Then a brown Glock 19 X with a brown AR 300 black out.lol MVIMG_20181218_180029.jpg MVIMG_20181218_180026.jpg MVIMG_20181218_180021.jpg MVIMG_20181218_175924.jpg

So most people on here have seen it but here we go again.my sister likes purple so me and my nephew built a purple AR for her.Cristmas gift two years ago. IMAG1150.jpg

Recently put a Leupold VX-Freedom Rimfire on a 10/22 takedown.

2-7x33

View attachment 529268

View attachment 529269

Pretty darn clear!
When I was looking around yesterday I came across a blog the daily shooter.
They say the best for a 22 is the Nikon.
But it's 200 bucks I think your paying for the name there .
There is plenty of 22 RIFLE scope out there that can do the job for less .
I mean come on man it's a 22 I WILL NOT BE SHOOTING INSERGANTS AT A MILE .
LOL

Is that a 10/22 take down sorry I missed it yes it is does it hold a zero .I want a take down

I also have a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire that I shoot 2" plates with at 200y on a Ruger American. Only shelled out $120 for the Nikon.

I don't have an issue with a $180 Leupold optic on a $230 rifle. It was the clearest low powered optic I've looked through besides my Vortex Crossfire II 1-4. The rifle and optic combo folds nicely and neatly into my needs.

EF2E4518-9BC9-4A73-B23A-8DAC2975075B.jpeg

CCI Standards.

I also have a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire that I shoot 2" plates with at 200y on a Ruger American. Only shelled out $120 for the Nikon.

I don't have an issue with a $180 Leupold optic on a $230 rifle. It was the clearest low powered optic I've looked through besides my Vortex Crossfire II 1-4. The rifle and optic combo folds nicely and neatly into my needs.

View attachment 529273

CCI Standards.
What is the suppreser .
Is it one that can be used on a 5.56 or is it 22 only like a sparow

But I'm thinking I want the heavy barrel.
But not a sure thing .
Still looking
Having owned many 10/22s including a heavy barreled target version. I'd say don't go target barrel for the first one, maybe later get that type of 10/22. The heavier barrel adds some accuracy potential, but you absolutely lose the ability to use as a regular shoulder fired rifle. Just too heavy for plinking type shooting.

If it's cosmetics that you like about the bulk barrel get an aluminum sleeved barrel. They are silly light as the barrel itself is incredibly thin, and the aluminum sleeve adds very little weight.

The 22/45 you have has a similar barrel and aluminum sleeve.

You could always get the Charger too and do up a pistol. Not mine but taken from the web.

407925BB-50CF-4912-9DEF-9F2C1BA97152.jpeg

10/22s are literally the rifle that predated the AR15 in terms of modifying and customizing.

Here's just a few crazy options.

upload_2018-12-18_20-15-48.jpeg
upload_2018-12-18_20-16-20.jpeg
upload_2018-12-18_20-16-42.jpeg
upload_2018-12-18_20-17-13.jpeg
upload_2018-12-18_20-17-31.jpeg
upload_2018-12-18_20-18-3.jpeg
upload_2018-12-18_20-18-51.jpeg
upload_2018-12-18_20-19-31.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR