JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is probably one of the stranger questions on here, but I'm just wondering if anyone has tried and/or is it possible to fit a scope of some sort to a 45-degree rail mount on an AR15 (so iron sights would be the main sights and the scope would be on the side as an auxiliary)?

This is just a question as I'm currently in the planning/brainstorming phase.

Thanks!

can it be done? sure...

is it functional? no... you won't have a good cheekweld and won't be able to use a scope unless it's a red dot nonmagnified...

the other way works, move the iron sights off to the 45degree cant

haha strange mod for sure.

usually,
3622d1328969269-trijicon-rmr-red-dots-ar-15-offset.jpg

but it's your rifle, you can do whatever you want to do with it. :s0155:

Last edited by a moderator:
As a former slave of Southern Kali raised in the hood (woop woop) I can tell you that gangsta ain't need no scope or reddot to bust a cap. I was just thinking about this, the problem I have and the reasoning is that it might be harder for some people because they either wear glasses or their relief is not correct to their shooting stance. I was pondering this because I wear glasses. If the scope itself was mounted at 45 degrees and the rotation of the scope was parallel to the rife , it might work if its mounted on the left. If the idea is to mount it on the right well then it might just be gangsta.

can it be done? sure...

is it functional? no... you won't have a good cheekweld and won't be able to use a scope unless it's a red dot nonmagnified...

the other way works, move the iron sights off to the 45degree cant
This ^^^
If it was a good thing, folks would do it.
Folks don't do it.

And then just handling and then stowing it with a scope hangin' out the side.
No thanks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads