JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Home

The way I understand this, is that the rail is what you zero, and the scope has a 'common' zero that you don't need to adjust when you move it from firearm to firearm. The rail stays with the firearm.

If you have expensive optics - like a $3k LR scope or a $10K NVD, then this might be the answer to the issue of rezeroing an optic when you swap it between firearms?

Home

Mod Zero - Multiple Guns But Same Optic - The Firearm Blog

Home

The way I understand this, is that the rail is what you zero, and the scope has a 'common' zero that you don't need to adjust when you move it from firearm to firearm. The rail stays with the firearm.

If you have expensive optics - like a $3k LR scope or a $10K NVD, then this might be the answer to the issue of rezeroing an optic when you swap it between firearms?

Home

Mod Zero - Multiple Guns But Same Optic - The Firearm Blog

If they can make it actually work and not be too expensive I would be interested in it. Swap optics on my PCC's a lot. Will be interesting to see how this actually works. That and if it does how much it ends up selling for. Sounds like a great idea.

Other things to consider would be cheek weld and co witnessing with iron sights.

Interesting idea though

Yeah, if it can't be installed as the primary rail, then it would raise the scope up. Depends on the rifle and the rings of the scope. That's kind of an issue right there; unless the rifles are very similar in cheek weld height, then the height of the scope from one rifle to another may vary too much. OTOH, a person may be able to find a way to get the right height on a rifle.

This is not a new idea, but it will be interesting to see how it works all the same
There is also a M.O.A. mount with a lot of vertical adjustment built in so you can set your vertical zero with out effecting your scopes internal dope which allows more hold over at longer ranges then a conventional tapered mount! This is especially handy when switching between bullet weights and speed, just set your vertical to a predetermined value for that load, and go to work!
Cold Shot Scope Base System - MOAB 150 and M1A/M14

I use this on my primary fighting rifle that is supported by three different optics that allows me to tailor the rifle to any mission almost instantly in the field, from C.Q.B. to D.M.R. at the flick of a lock lever. Bonus is that the mount was able to be modified just enough to allow the use of the irons with out removing any thing! At the same time, I can quick detach the entire mounting assembly in seconds and still retain my irons!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top