JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recenly purchased a red dot sight for my air pistol. My shooting experience with that sight has made me a believer in red dot sights. So I am considering getting one for my S&W Model 19-3 revolver. But I want to keep my iron sights on the revolver. (You never know when a battery can go dead.)

Before you ask, yes, I know I'm going to have to take it to my gunsmith to get it drilled and tapped, or whatever, to mount a picatinny rail. What I would like to know is if there is a rail solution that allows me to keep my notched rear sight on my revolver while a red dot sight is also mounted. I want to be able to quickly revert to using my iron sights should the red dot sight fail. Which means the sight line between the front and rear sights cannot be blocked.

What I've read so far involves removing the rear sight and using that area for part of the mount for a picatinny rail. I would like to avoid that. Any ideas, anyone?

I think what you are asking for does not exist.

This is about as close as it comes to what you are asking. Still need to remove the red dot before you can utilize the iron sights again though...

Search Result -

I think what you are asking for does not exist.

This is about as close as it comes to what you are asking. Still need to remove the red dot before you can utilize the iron sights again though...

Search Result -
That one will work but it require drilling and tapping the Top Strap. At one time both Weaver and BSquare offered a No Holes mount for that gun. You would still have to remove the Rear Sight. But, you might be surprised how well you can shoot even without the Red-Dot being lite.

Before having it drilled and taped for a mount look into finding a 19-7. IIRC with the introduction of the 19-7 the 19 came pre drilled and tapped for rail / scope mounting.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top