JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First of all, I am not ripping on anyone and I have blacked out his face. The point of this, is to simply ask if any one has seen this.
I was at my local rifle range, and I saw a guy shooting a fairly standard AR. However, it had three of the same looking red dot optics on the rail. It also had a smaller red dot on a 45 degree angle. I understand the idea of the 45 degree red dot, but I don't understand the 3 optics in a line.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to ask him.
Anyone know why or what the reason behind this is?

B692B8FA-9BC3-4DB3-8D7F-B5DF08A6A8F6.jpeg

Maybe he needs to combine his love of H.O. trains... and love of shooting into one trip?
or
He sighted a red and a blue and a green dot, each at a different distance?
or
He's really, really worried about his batteries failing..?

4 is 1 and 1 is none?

Maybe he was testing reliability or zero shift? Or paralax?

I wonder what that looks like? Probably like the sci-fi version of 2 beads on a shotgun!

I would have asked him. Might turn out he had a good reason and could wind up meeting a cool guy.

Perhaps he has other ARs with similar barrels and lengths and simply wanted get the zero close without bringing a bunch of rifles to the range.

get all four dots all relatively close to a zero.

its a bit annoying putting a new dot on something and firing a few rounds at 50 yards only to realize you didn't even hit paper.

get all four dots all relatively close to a zero.

its a bit annoying putting a new dot on something and firing a few rounds at 50 yards only to realize you didn't even hit paper.

That would only work if you put it in the same position on the rail. I dont know how close you'd be if you sight in a red dot way forward on the rail, then put it on another rifle in the traditional position.

That would only work if you put it in the same position on the rail. I dont know how close you'd be if you sight in a red dot way forward on the rail, then put it on another rifle in the traditional position.

maybe an inch or two off in elevation, but you would be close.

Come to think of it though, if you had one dot already sighted, you could superimpose the others at home. Don't need a range to do it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top