JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Make a table of comparable features.
I have some accupoints by Trijicon and I really like them, but I also have some 3x9 Leuopolds and they are very nice too.

I don't have experience with either of the ones you are looking at, but this is where a good comparison chart could be helpful.

Make a table of comparable features.
I have some accupoints by Trijicon and I really like them, but I also have some 3x9 Leuopolds and they are very nice too.

I don't have experience with either of the ones you are looking at, but this is where a good comparison chart could be helpful.
Thank you. If you were gonna shoot some pigs what would you like?

Thank you. If you were gonna shoot some pigs what would you like?
All things considered, Trijicon, because of the models I have the green Trijicon dot can easily be used like a dot sight (no battery needed) and stands out against the trees/grass/brush background which could be helpful for low light or moving targets. whereas the unilluminated Leupold scope's reticle have no battery or otherwise illuminated dot and on a low light or moving target with brush for a backdrop, the fine reticle could get lost.

My models are both 3x9 variables so for me the main difference is the illumination. If both the models you are looking at have illumination then you'd need to consider other variables.

Let's take price out of the equation. Explore, Plan, Develop, Deploy, Sustain.

That adjuster is ugly. And are we doing Texas dry rub or Carolina? I don't do St Louis style.

Note: I don't go above 8x or 10x I feel like it's cheating. If thats an issue - I'll bring out the 30-30 iron sights and we can talk money.

Trijicon is going to be a heavy optic going on an already heavy gun. I would expect your setup to be coming in around 12 or 13 pounds before ammo with a 20" AR10 platform. Likely not an issue if this is going to be a bench queen and never get out of sight of the truck. If your going to be humping it through the woods I would think you want to keep weight down.

Leupold is a fine choice, have one of their LPVO VX6's, light, great glass, no complaints. In the same price point as what you are looking at and on the lighter end of the spectrum is the Nightforce NX8 and Kahles K16i. Not a Vortex fan here, they have a great warranty because you are likely to need it. Also take a look at the Trijicon Credo 1-6, have one, like it and will be shopping for another soon. Nothing against the Trijicon VCOG other than its weight. I am sure it is a great scope but doesn't fit any of my needs.

If you're just going into brush (i.e. Shorter range shooting 2-300 yards tops) I'd pass on the VCOG and go with an Accupoint. I used my Accupoint hunting pigs in California and I used it hunting plains game in Africa it is stout and accurate, The fiber/tritium illuminated post stood out very well against thick brush and in open plains. And it's not particularly heavy. I use a 1-4 power. I have Leupold's as well but if I had to choose only one, it would be the Accupoint

Good luck with whichever model you choose.

If you're just going into brush (i.e. Shorter range shooting 2-300 yards tops) I'd pass on the VCOG and go with an Accupoint. I used my Accupoint hunting pigs in California and I used it hunting plains game in Africa it is stout and accurate, The fiber/tritium illuminated post stood out very well against thick brush and in open plains. And it's not particularly heavy. I use a 1-4 power. I have Leupold's as well but if I had to choose only one, it would be the Accupoint

Good luck with whichever model you choose.
Accupoint and there is an accupower I tried to find that at the start of my search to no avail. Ah now Im on the fence.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top