JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since WA law allows me to carry on college campuses I did when I was enrolled and still do if I have business there, like enrolling the grandkids or buying books for him.
In fact I carried on OR campuses too, when I was enrolled there.

One interesting thing about WA and the state colleges...while both UW and WSU have policies (WACs) that prohibit carry on campus, UW's WAC prohibits employees, students and visitors...WSU's only prohibits students...

This is an interesting read. It's a legal opinion from the Senior Deputy Legislative Council. Their opinion is that the colleges have the right to control their property, but they have no express authority to regulate or control firearms. This control rests with the state legislature.

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/LC opinion Stubbs/LC Opinion.pdf

The thing was that initially they had administrative sanctions against people carrying, and that is preempted. That was exactly what the court has ruled, and overturned the administrative rule. But the current policy does not contain any sanctions, thus there is no legal conflict. Bottom line, that opinion is outdated.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top