JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a CHL and am a student. Some months ago, the Oregon courts said the schools can not restrict my right to carry (open or concealed). On the 1st, the Oregon state senate said the same thing. (With the bonus of keeping my info private) Now the University System again is trying to stomp on my rights. ...Okay, If the senate and the courts are on the right side of this, what in the hell is the university system doing?

Mobilize the lawyers and stomp this crap down.

I don't feel too at danger at my school, but I would really like it if I could conceal carry a Glock 30 into the classroom.

First day of class, they go over what to do in a fire/tornado/power outage etc... but then they also mentioned an armed intruder.

THey won't allow guns in the classroom, but will allow us to sit under our desks like ducks incase of an armed intruder. Atleast Im in a CCJ class with several police officers so hopefully they are allowed an exception to the no weapons allowed rule. If I could conceal carry into my classrooms, I would quickly train with a firearm, get my CCW permit, and always bring a chambered Glock 30 to class. I would feel much safer too.

I don't feel too at danger at my school, but I would really like it if I could conceal carry a Glock 30 into the classroom.

First day of class, they go over what to do in a fire/tornado/power outage etc... but then they also mentioned an armed intruder.

THey won't allow guns in the classroom, but will allow us to sit under our desks like ducks incase of an armed intruder. Atleast Im in a CCJ class with several police officers so hopefully they are allowed an exception to the no weapons allowed rule. If I could conceal carry into my classrooms, I would quickly train with a firearm, get my CCW permit, and always bring a chambered Glock 30 to class. I would feel much safer too.

Concealed means concealed.

There are times in life when its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission, and the aftermath of a school massacre when you are still alive due to being armed is probably one of those times.

my solution is simply if oregon schools dont honor our constitution then they should not get any of our money or support
thats right!no more ducks or beavers games,no more jerseys bought for either team,no more anything ducks or beavers bought from me and i will not watch their football games anymore.

thats how any state or school should be handled if they dont recognize our 2a rights or our constitution.
i did the same with california,no hollywood movies,no products from california,no california teams get support from me,no companies based in california or other anti american states like illinois,washington dc,etc that choose to ignore my rights.

I have a CHL and am a student. Some months ago, the Oregon courts said the schools can not restrict my right to carry (open or concealed). On the 1st, the Oregon state senate said the same thing. (With the bonus of keeping my info private) Now the University System again is trying to stomp on my rights. ...Okay, If the senate and the courts are on the right side of this, what in the hell is the university system doing?

Mobilize the lawyers and stomp this crap down.

By law, you can carry concealed on school property.

Bear in mind there is a clear distinction between Statute which supports your ability to carry, supported by precedent, and School Policy, otherwise known as School Rules....like no running in the halls. Chances are that if you ignore the rules, nobody will ever know anyway...

concealed is concealed after all.

However...I should add that if one is living on campus, that can change everything. The university would be well within its rights to restrict housing in this regard and there is very little one can do about it, except move.

Concealed means concealed.

There are times in life when its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission, and the aftermath of a school massacre when you are still alive due to being armed is probably one of those times.

You speak too much sense for society at large. If I were allowed to conceal carry believe me, I would practice quick drawing, weapon retention and anything else needed to have a firearm on me when I went into that classroom.

In 2008, at the cityhall where I worked at in their city, Kirkwood, there was a shooting inwhich the gunman killed the entire city council and the mayor eventually (6-8 months later) with a handgun. For some oddball reason the neighboring city, Webster Groves passed a "no handguns" rule for their city's city hall meetings. It made no sense, since a "no firearms" rule would be NO USE against an ARMED INTRUDER! They only stopped 3rd parties from defending the city councilmen and mayor from being attacked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirkwood_City_Council_shooting

When that armed intruder came into the meeting, first thing he did was take out their one and only cop in the meeting. The rest were sitting ducks because they had a "no firearms allowed" sticker on their city hall door. Stupidity paid the ultimate consequences because of that BS rule.

I for one would like to conceal carry, I would never 'show off' my firearm to another student, unless in the midst of an armed intruder attack. The 'No firearms allowed' posters only stop the law abiding citizens who possess them, not the mass murderers who dont give a flying F.

Oh, their "no running in the halls" rules will not stop me. I am following the U.S. & Oregon constitutions, not the Oregon University System's illegal word.

Keep it secure and concealed..... if the schools wanna disobey the state laws, I don't have to listen to the school's dumb policies. I would rather have a fighting chance and not be a bleeding dead body. If I get kicked out for defending my life.... oh well. Yeah I understand that a lot of people have invested a lot of money into their education, but what good is that education if you are dead?
I work in a "gun free zone" and it sucks but I guess I have the option of finding another job.

They can't arrest you, but the school can choose to expel you for carrying. There is a form that they will make you sign when you enroll, and one of the things on it is that you will not bring a weapon to school. They consider that piece of paper to be a private contract, and if you violate it, you will be expelled. You spend a lot of money and effort for a degree. Most folks will not want to risk it.

I agree that it will be in the courts in what may seem like no time at all. Unfortunately this comes at an expense to the state, and frankly is embarrassing and ridiculous for Oregon college students. I would sign a petition asking for the resignation and/or termination of the OUS administation. I believe that those who decided to undermine the ruling of the court should be punished and made an example of.

my solution is simply if oregon schools dont honor our constitution then they should not get any of our money or support
thats right!no more ducks or beavers games,no more jerseys bought for either team,no more anything ducks or beavers bought from me and i will not watch their football games anymore.

thats how any state or school should be handled if they dont recognize our 2a rights or our constitution.
i did the same with california,no hollywood movies,no products from california,no california teams get support from me,no companies based in california or other anti american states like illinois,washington dc,etc that choose to ignore my rights.

I love how much gun freedom you're boycott of Kali has brought
I have been a supporting member in Califoria's rifle & pistol club,
Doesn't seem to have turned the tide for gun rights either damn way

Oregon and WA both have the same rules as reguards what the Board of Regents may or may not do. One clause says they can what they want for the "welfare and safety" of the students, and the second part is the total preemption of all firearms regulations by the state.

The only difference between OR and WA is the OR College system has been challanged in court and has been told they cannot regulate firearms. No-one has tried that here in WA, but I personally feel confident the outcome in court would be the same as OR.

Can the Board of Regents pass a "policy rule"? sure they can, but they cannot enforce it. BTW: The way to fix this is to replace your governor and have the new governor appoint a new board of Regents. Making Profs and students sitting ducks is not promoting campus safety.

They can't arrest you, but the school can choose to expel you for carrying. There is a form that they will make you sign when you enroll, and one of the things on it is that you will not bring a weapon to school. They consider that piece of paper to be a private contract, and if you violate it, you will be expelled. You spend a lot of money and effort for a degree. Most folks will not want to risk it.

Lets define the term 'weapon' then.

1. If its properly concealed, they will never know you are carrying in the first place and the fact that you are breaking a "school rule" will be a moot point.

2. If the awful day ever comes when a gunman shows up at the school and starts a massacre, the fact that you may risk being expelled from school for saving your life or the lives of others with your legally concealed firearm will also be a moot point. Let them try to expel you....you will still be alive to transfer your credits to a different school, and the PR nightmare they would face by trying to expel the legally armed student who saved the lives of innocents during a massacre might convince them not to even try in the first place.

I love how much gun freedom you're boycott of Kali has brought
I have been a supporting member in Califoria's rifle & pistol club,
Doesn't seem to have turned the tide for gun rights either damn way

and sir you can support the communist state of kalifornia if you wish but i will not,i dont expect kali will stop working without just my money but if you do support them then you support their anti american disregard for the constitution.

I would sign any form like that with the signature of, "Richard Goesinya"... bet they wouldn't even notice the difference, and it woulnd't be valid for them to act on it. ;)

I've done that before Stomper.

What the OUS has done is to create an unenforceable policy. I am no longer an OSU student, but I carry when I visit campus and they can't do anything about it. It makes no sense to disarm students, but expecting logical thinking from liberal college professors is like expecting a week without rain in Oregon. It may happen once in awhile, but don't count on it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top