JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New to silencers, the ones I just purchased are on order so not even in jail yet, and looking into covers to prevent accidental burns. I understand they also help with mirage as the silencer heats up. I'm curious about what you are using, what's great about it and what sucks (cuz nothing is perfect). My priorities are heat protection (will likely go with high temp versions even though I don't do mag dumps), staying in place, and colors that blend in. Forgot to mention won't eff up the finish of the silencer.

I'm definitely interested in a cover for my 30 caliber can that will handle my centerfire cartridges, but how useful are they for 22LR?

Appreciate all the input!

There are many options out there but I just ordered Cole-tac HTP yesterday for my SiCo 36M. A lot of users swear by them, so you can't argue with that! Look up their product page and it'll cover what you are asking about.

Old School is still the best school, Heavy Blanket Wool wrapped in Heavy Saddle leather and laced on TIGHT!
Pro Tip, Soak the wool in HOT water before wrapping, use stainless "safety wire" and tie it as tightly as you can get it, then soak the leather in hot water and wrap it as tight as you can and then lace it, again, getting it as tight as you can get it! These will last a life time, and if your not doing mag dumps, will never heat up or cause any issues, and they actually help muffle the sound even better! Leave it on, even when cleaning out the internals, and you should never need to do anything to it! If you do remove it, just start over with the process above, and you should be GTG!

I have an omega 300 and when running it on the 300prc I would get heat waves in the scope after 2-3 shots. Ended up getting a cole-tac HTP and can now do 5 shot strings and no heat waves. On the rim fire can I have yet to wrap it, mainly shoot it on a pistol with open sights but I have yet to put it on a scoped rifle yet so i dont know how bad the heat waves will be yet. My experiences with it so take it as you please.

I think you would have to run a 22lr full auto or numerous semi auto mag dumps in a row to need a rimfire can cover. I have gotten mine uncomfortable to the touch on an AR22 dumping 25 round mags but not even that generated any issues with mirage/heat waves.

Well they are not all ment for rapid fire I doubled up the fiberglass sleeves on my burn proof gear learned the hard way melted a cheaper one to my can

Screenshot_20220824-234538_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220824-234538_Gallery.jpg

I was looking into this for some cans in jail. But then it occurred to me, aside from the heatwave mitigation for scopes, if you are not burning yourself on hot barrels why would you burn yourself on a hot suppressor? Honest question, since I have not had the chance to shoot suppressed yet.

I was looking into this for some cans in jail. But then it occurred to me, aside from the heatwave mitigation for scopes, if you are not burning yourself on hot barrels why would you burn yourself on a hot suppressor? Honest question, since I have not had the chance to shoot suppressed yet.
Transitionion from rifle to pistol especialy on a single point sling the can with added length is perfect to get you in the leg

Think about removal/tightening. Some suppressors are direct thread only and can work loose during shooting, needing occasional tightness checks. You also might just have one can for multiple firearms with QD muzzle devices and want to switch between them on your range visits. Mine gets hot pretty quickly, certainly faster than my barrels do and I'm not looking to remove my barrel by hand at the range so barrel heat as far as burning myself goes is quickly a moot point.

Think about removal/tightening. Some suppressors are direct thread only and can work loose during shooting, needing occasional tightness checks. You also might just have one can for multiple firearms with QD muzzle devices and want to switch between them on your range visits. Mine gets hot pretty quickly, certainly faster than my barrels do and I'm not looking to remove my barrel by hand at the range so barrel heat as far as burning myself goes is quickly a moot point.
👍

Suppressors work by trapping the hot gasses from your barrel and giving them space to expand. They heat up pretty fast and can give you a nasty burn. Lots of YouTube videos of guys frying bacon with their suppressors.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top