JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have. Been seeing it in the Reloading Classifieds and ALL of us need to NOT even deal with these Types!!!! And FYI for got to say in my Happy Camper post that Oly's Gun shop in Salem has .223 in stock and there is a 10 box limit so bring ur wife so she can some for her rifle alsoooo.

He also has 22 and other calibers...

Saw at Gun Broker in woodburn lots of .380 !

Thanks to others that share info as I will contine to do.... And stand against the SCALPERS, I mean really $170:00 bucks for .380 dies and 500rds of .380 bullets!

Oly's also has Carbide .380 on the shelve today! For the going price.

Just gets my goat! I passed on my old rcbs progressive press w/extras at a FAIR. $ 150.... So some one could get started and to see ppl rip off componants is just sick!

I wonder how many people had to "eat" a good part of their investment in hoarded items after the last panic?

Profiteers are just a part of every supply upset. The only way they survive is for people to be gullible enough to believe that THEY are the only ones that have product.

Hope the dog whizzes on their rat-holed supply of primers, etc rendering it worthless.

It really chaps me to see someone buy something, turn around and try selling it at 50-100% markup.

50-100% markup is standard at retail. Often higher. However that markup has to pay store employees to sweep up every night, roll trucks out, keep the lights on, and pay taxes.

I don't mind people making margin on things, what bugs the crap out of me is that those jerks buy up everything just to resell it. However, there is a simple solution... just don't buy it unless you really need it. The place where I get my .223 bullets I can usually get them for $80/K, however the guy who owns it is so back-ordered he's been raising his prices just so people stop calling him. When they do call, he doesn't mind selling bullets for $200/K other than that, he's just trying to get caught up. Unlike some people who stop servicing the big customers who buy 100-200K at a time, he's focusing on keeping his regular customers supplied. It's kinda nice, I wonder if hodgdon reads this....

I love the like option on NWFA. I need to like you post a few more times though!

LIKE LIKE LIKE!!

For the record though, I have a supply of components, but things had better get back to SOME semblanse of order in three or four months, damnit!

50-100% markup is standard at retail. Often higher. However that markup has to pay store employees to sweep up every night, roll trucks out, keep the lights on, and pay taxes.

I don't mind people making margin on things, what bugs the crap out of me is that those jerks buy up everything just to resell it. However, there is a simple solution... just don't buy it unless you really need it. The place where I get my .223 bullets I can usually get them for $80/K, however the guy who owns it is so back-ordered he's been raising his prices just so people stop calling him. When they do call, he doesn't mind selling bullets for $200/K other than that, he's just trying to get caught up. Unlike some people who stop servicing the big customers who buy 100-200K at a time, he's focusing on keeping his regular customers supplied. It's kinda nice, I wonder if hodgdon reads this....

The problem with this is the price never seems to come back down to the original level. Maybe to 115% of normal...

This whole thing hurts everybody.... I'd like to shoot some speedsteel and a IDPA match but not willing to pay RANSOM for primers! When I started shooting IPSC primers were 12.00 a thousand and I cringed when they went to 18 but kept shooting ..... Then watch them hit 25 and payed it to keep shooting .

Well cost do go up in The MFG. End of things, but now the SCALPERS asking 55/60 bks for sm pistol primers that's MESSED UP!!!!!!

So speed steel is on hold! Sorry ARPC ..... IDPA as a low rd count on stages so hope ARPC starts that type on matches!!!!

Former RO , Sierra Nevada Pistol League
WESTERN STATES ROCKED!!!
And thank you Rob Leathem and Doug Konig for the awesome experiance of running you thru my stage.

Here's another fair deal... Hope others follow, my gal came home withh the wrong powder sooo instead of making a profit I sold it to another member, 2 #'s of 308/223. Powder, 26 and 30 bks just what I paid!

He is coming Monday into town, FTF if he is a no show iwill post it Monday afternoon.

RL15 and IMR 4895

I can see how some people can perceive price gouging. I just received my order of CCI#500 today and after calculating my total cost (taxes, shipping charges and hazmat fee) I paid about $50/k. If I ever decide to sell the ones that I do not need, some will think that I am taking advantage of the current situation. The reality is, retailers are increasing their unit price.

I didnt realize there were so many liberals on nwf!!!!!!

I understand why people are mad that a brick of 22lr is 65.00 but the truth of the matter is that our great country runs on supply and demand. If people are willing to pay 65 or more per brick that is the " FAIR MARKET VALUE" if you want 22lr for 19.00 a brick then go to bi-mart at 6am on delivery day camp out for 3 hours for 4 weeks to finally get your 4 bricks. If you are not willing to do that...... well quit bubblegumin. Buy them or dont..... someone will.

My buddy live in GA. The average price per brick at the gun shops is 115.00 and they cant keep them in stock. Just be thankfull we have cheaper prices than almost every other state.

Bradley, So by your standards a scalper is a conservative - am I understanding you correctly?

James Ruby

Scalper is your term not mine......... I simply feel that all of the cry babies that dont think that its fair that they cant go to bimartand buy 22 ammo becuase some big mean capitolist beat them to it sure sounds a lot like the liberal platform to me.
Personally I find it creative, oregon has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. If some has enough gumption to not sleep in and beat all of the others to the deal I am glad to see them do it. I would rather see people with a choice buying product from them and them pay there bills than the rest of us get our "cheap" ammo and have our tax dollars take care of them instead.

I am a prepper, I have rat holed all the ammo I need over the past 20 years. I truly hope that people figure this out. Right now it is ammo....... tomorrow it might be food.

It really is simple economics........ supply and demand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top