JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well if you ever need help like a tow or something I would charge you a grand per mile. That seems fair.

Hey, Scott, the difference is with the tow, if I don't want to pay a grand per mile, there are probably a couple dozen other guys who will provide the same service for a lot less money. So I will call those guys, and you won't have any business. But if you are the only game in town, then I have a decision to make. It would be nice to be able to buy any primers you want for $20 per thousand. (Actually, I am old enough to remember picking them up for $10 per thou). Sadly, those days are gone. IF you can find them for $30 per thousand, you are lucky. The store my son works at recently had some CCI primers in stock, all flavors. Awesome! But they were asking $6.99 per 100. Ouch. The reason was that they were restricted as to how much they were allowed to order from their distributor, so the haz mat fee wasn't split up to as many items as normal. Also I am sure they paid a premium price just to order them so they could offer them to their customers who wanted to buy some. Well, I didn't need them that badly, so I passed. Guess what? Those primers were sold out within a few days, even at $6.99 per 100. The supply is limited and the demand is just too great. Until demand drops (not sure if or when that might happen, given the current political climate) or supply dramatically increases (not sure when or if that might happen for the same reason), we just have to get used to the current market prices. There may come a time when we will all be kicking ourselves for not stocking up when .22 ammo was available for "just" $50 a brick. Or primers at $70 per thousand.

Well if you ever need help like a tow or something I would charge you a grand per mile. That seems fair.

No, you miss the point. There are lots of towing companies and there is a going price for a tow. I don't need your tow so I won't pay you anything.

I said I own my primers and don't want to sell. I said that the only way I would sell is if someone made me a high enough offer. In this environment of shortages, I might have to pay $100 a brick to replace my primers. Or, I might not be able to find any.

So I'd be crazy to let them go for $35 a brick.

Let's do the math here, cost and amount of primers this gentleman have. (These are just etimates)

3 (visits) X $35 (price of primers per 1K, the gentleman mentioned he cleans out Bimart on each of his 3 visit) = $105 (cost per 3K primers/day).

$105 (cost per 3K primes/day) X 365 (total days in a year) = $38, 325 (this gentleman's total cost of primers only, in a one year period)

3K (purchased on a daily basis) X 365 (total days in a year) = 1,095,000 primes (I would not be advertising if I have this many, not unless off course this gentleman is a licensed reloader)

That is a big number of primers you have bought and own. WOW!!!

Remember this are just estimates.

Math genius, this assumes that every day, every time I stopped at any Bi-Mart, I was able to find all the primers I wanted.

I have never seen such a time.

You are not giving credit for all the stops I made when there were no primers, or fewer than even a brick.

You also aren't giving any value to the time I spent, or my mileage or anything else to do all of that hunting to buy the primers.

You have no concept of math or of value of work.

I am just doing the math as far a what you have stated on your previous post, I just plugged in the variables given. I am not negating the time and effort ou have put in looking for tour primers. You never mentioned about not getting any primers on some of your visits, like I said just doing the math.

I value my time greatly, because time for me is how I choose to live my life happily. I have calculated that buying on-line is cheaper for me than running around to different stores hoping that the product/s I need is in stock.
I choose not to spend my time and effort going to different stores to save a buck or two. I have the things I need, not want.

Math genius, this assumes that every day, every time I stopped at any Bi-Mart, I was able to find all the primers I wanted.

I have never seen such a time.

You are not giving credit for all the stops I made when there were no primers, or fewer than even a brick.

You also aren't giving any value to the time I spent, or my mileage or anything else to do all of that hunting to buy the primers.

You have no concept of math or of value of work.

No one appreciates your "sense of work." You are doing nothing but adding fuel to the fire. You don't deserve any credit because there is no credit to give to scalpers.

I value my time greatly, because time for me is how I choose to live my life happily. I have calculated that buying on-line is cheaper for me than running around to different stores hoping that the product/s I need is in stock.
I choose not to spend my time and effort going to different stores to save a buck or two. I have the things I need, not want.

I believe this has been pointed out before by many here. Just remember, some people learn by listening that the electric fence is turned on, and some just have to pee on the fence themselves.

Not only is shopping online a lot cheaper in total, those that buy enough to last 6 mo's or a year don't have to go "scavenging" now that there is a panic. They probably have plenty on the shelf.

Now if one just likes to travel around to different stores and socialize next to the empty shelves, that's a whole different story.

Well this don't really have much to with this thread but I want to vent just a tiny bit
about a month ago I was selling a bunch of 22lr for 35.00 a box which BTW was only 7.00
a box more than I paid for I was called out for being a price gouger and several other colorful names
now I'm just kind of a curious that 22lr is selling on here for anywhere from 50 to 75 a box and I don't see any of the name callers anywhere to be found

Not to mention the fact they they are supposed to declare their profits on their income tax returns. Whistle blowers are entitled to a 25% bounty for reporting tax evaders. It is all very discrete too. If I was the scalpers I would be very nervous about the combination of the ATFE & the IRS looking at me. Casual sales are not illegal but wholesale profit sales are unless you have the proper licenses.You never know who is showing up to buy.

Not to mention the fact they they are supposed to declare their profits on their income tax returns. Whistle blowers are entitled to a 25% bounty for reporting tax evaders. It is all very discrete too. If I was the scalpers I would be very nervous about the combination of the ATFE & the IRS looking at me. Casual sales are not illegal but wholesale profit sales are unless you have the proper licenses.You never know who is showing up to buy.

Don't overlook the State Department of Revenue (every state has one). They demand their share too. Also illegal to "conduct a business for profit" without a Business License. Here in WA State you need a State License and usually one in any city you reside in.

With the government at all levels literally cleaning the cracks of the couch for extra revenue, expect some of those who smugly do business without a license or paying taxes to have a sudden wake up call.

Having overseen a group of retail businesses in my working life I learned that sometimes the State should be feared more than the IRS. As for ATF, no license required to sell ammo, just manufacture it.

So, fair market value is what the "stores are selling for" huh? $0.70/round for 7.62x39, .60+ for .40S&W/.45 ACP, $0.45 for 9mm, $0.10 for .22LR?

If you know where all the primers and ammo are that you can buy without limit for walmart prices, you're the prick for holding out on all of us while taking cheap shots at folks that were either prepared or lucky enough to find some supply and pass it along. I'm not denying that there are scalpers, but you've defined them as anyone that sells components or ammo for more than bi-mart sells their COMPLETELY NON-EXISTENT stock. Some of you guys are on a no bubblegum witch hunt here.

I am just doing the math as far a what you have stated on your previous post, I just plugged in the variables given. I am not negating the time and effort ou have put in looking for tour primers. You never mentioned about not getting any primers on some of your visits, like I said just doing the math.

Please understand some things. First, I said I don't want to sell my primers, so I'm not a "scalper." Second, I haven't bought more primers than I think I can use. Third, when I was buying primers, there weren't any online. I made a large "back order" more than once that sat for months and was cancelled by the large online dealer.

There just came a time after the first Obama election when I wasn't sure I'd be able to get quality primers and other things at all, so I began to stop at every Bi-Mart I passed to look for primers, powder, and loaded ammo including .22lr. If they had some, I bought what their daily limit was, in any caliber I own.

I kept buying until I had what I believed was a lifetime supply. I'm in my 60's and my lifetime might not be as long as some, but I believe I have enough.

I did mention in another thread that I believe I have on hand, loaded, enough ammo to last me a lifetime. I even mentioned that I'm thinking of perhaps now selling all of my reloading equipment and supplies and I have a bunch and it's worth a bunch. If I do make that decision, it's mine to make.

FWIW, I also collect old Schwinn bicycles. I just bought one on Craigs List for $200 that would bring the better part of a grand on ebay. The guy bought it new in 1966, it's a top of the line Panther in the desirable coppertone candy color, and it's like new. He wanted $200 and I grabbed it. Am I a bad guy if I decide to not keep it but rather list it on ebay? Actually, I'm going to keep it so now we know I'm a good guy, I guess.

If there are any "good guys" on here willing to part with some bricks of .22lr for what they paid for it which for me was about $15.99 a brick I'd guess, I'd be happy to buy. I don't think there are any such good guys.

Meh, I believe in the capitalist system. If you can purchase it and find someone willing to buy it then hurray for them. But its when people start thinking, 'this supply is mine' entitlement attitude start creeping in is when you need to step back. Its like when you bid in an auction, someone else wants it then a bidding war starts. If the other person wants it more and bids above everyone else, then its a poor person who gets angry if they are the losing bidder.

My new favorite place to spend money has everything I could ever want to buy and then some at, guess what, standard retail prices. Its local and they don't cater to scalpers. In fact the store owner told me there was a fellow who came all the way down from Seattle and was going to drop thousands just to wipe the shelves. Guess what. They told him his money was no good at their store and sent him home empty handed. Bwahahahha.

I think people posting as to where to find ammo is not helping matters one bit.

It is obvious that those who are taking advantage of the current situation are on this Forum.

Why are you guys telling them where they can find ammo at, only to turn around and try and sell it at a huge mark-up.

I think people posting as to where to find ammo is not helping matters one bit.

It is obvious that those who are taking advantage of the current situation are on this Forum.

Why are you guys telling them where they can find ammo at, only to turn around and try and sell it at a huge mark-up.

My point exactly. My "new place" will remain a secret to me. I ain't telling anyone where this place is. I was shocked last time I was in 2 weeks ago to see cases of 7.62x39 ammo on the shelf along with 224 projectiles of all assortments and tons of powder of all flavors.

Add this guy (currently with his first post)

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/reloading-classifieds/140857-i-have-varget-sale.html

To the list of scalpers.... I just bought Varget a couple weeks ago from my favorite retail gun shop for $37/lb....

Actually, he wants $50 a jug. How much are those jugs worth? $20?
Was this his first post? He just joined. Remember when this website was having server problems? Its guys like this who we don't need. Maybe we need a minimum post or length of membership before selling stuff on the classifieds?

That's what I'm saying... $50/lb. Its F8cking ridiculous... But some poor sap is actually gunna pay the guy and he'll feel good about it... That's why I'm posting the warning here. Because the last time I did something like that in the ad I got warned

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top