JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
to me a scalper is someone that buys stuff with the intention of reselling it at a higher price. Then there are people like me that got what i needed before the panic you people are in now. Why Because i was prepared for it so i wouldn't have ot bubblegum like some of you are now.

My problem is i bought 10k tula primers for $22 per k instead of my normal cci for $26 per k. Come to find out now that my competition gun doesn't like tulla. So I had to buy a load of cci at scalper rates of $40 per k and was very happy to get them. Yes I was happy to pay $16 per brick more then he paid.. So by your "don't be a scalper" notions i should have sold my tullas for $22 per k and got screwed on the difference.

Don't think so. I sold the tullas for $35 and they flew off my shelf. Sure i could have got $40, $45 or maybe $50 in time but i sold them for $5 less then what the cci cost me just like the old days. Call that scalping if you want, but i'm not taking it in the shorts on my end to make you feel better because you dint stock up.

I have a idea for all you "don't pay scalper rates" people. Sell me your guns and ammo stock right now at pre panic prises. We both know you wont as you value them higher now. That's my point, you wouldn't sell your stuff for old rates why bubblegum when someone else wont.

I will be checking me inbox for all you complainers that will sell me your guns ad ammo at old rates. Pretty sure it will be empty and your all talk but we will see.

$40.00/K of CCI primers isn't what I'd call "Scalper" rates. If you had walked into Bimart 6 month ago you would have paid, I think $36.00 for SP. LP was going for $39.80...... 6 months ago all the other stores were already at or above $40.00 for pistol primers.

Poor dumb scmucks that paid $60.00/K, now THAT'S "Scalping" IMO.

if you buy then online for $26 and sell for $40 that's what you guys are calling scalping. I personally was very happy to pay $40 when i could have pad $26 the month before.

I don't see it as bad if it isn't food or a mandatory item needed to live. Supply and demand. If people will pay the asking price within an hour of posting the item it is not scalping, it a good price regardless of how high it is.

Feel free to wait 6 month or more for prices to come down, but for some of us its worth an extra $10,$20 or whatever to have it now.

I would like to know if any of the gentlemen on this board complaining about scalpers have any sort of investments? A home, Gold, Silver, Stocks, Bonds, anything that increases in value? I am wanting to pick up some Gold, but I don't want to pay Fair Market Value, I feel I am entitled to pay what you paid, anyone? I was busy, doing other things and didn't bother buying in when gold was cheap. If any of you bought Gold when it was $250 an ounce, please contact me, I would like to purchase 50 ounces ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Bradley, I don't have a problem with guys selling stuff that they had laying around for a profit. What annoys me is the guys who weasel out as many hot commodity items that are on the shelf at the store (often bragging about how they left the store with 4x the "daily limit"), then flipping it here or on gun broker for twice the price.

That's scalping.

With some items, it's actually illegal to do this. (Not necessarily gun related).

I have enough ammo for *most* of my guns to last me through the year. I am unfortunately low on .22's after I gave a few bricks away to a coworker (They didn't cycle well in my pistol).

It would be nice if I could go to the store that did get some in stock and buy a box. I wanted to take some people out shooting who had never shot before, and that's what I'd start them on. Unfortunately, some guy cleaned up the .22 shelf at every store that had a box come in so that he can re-sell it for $20 profit.

If that is your game plan, order direct from CCI and sell it if you are doing it to make money. Otherwise, get a real job where you don't have to injure shooting sports for a majority.

Very related note, I received CCI small pistol primers this week, and I sold them for 30¢ more than I paid for them shipped (Only because asking people a selling price of $35.70 was a pain in the ***). I had 6000, 2000 of which went to a guy who was new to reloading that I offered to help locate some a while ago. 4000 of which went on sale here. One guy tried giving me $40 for a brick, and I demanded that he take his $4 in change. I'm all for making a quick buck, but I'd rather not damage what I take interest in. I can just go to work for an extra day and make more money than you guys hawking $50 bricks of Blazer.

Just an unrelated thought for you, Bradley; I take anybody out shooting. Liberal, conservative, whatever. If they are willing to give it a try for the first time, I pay for the fuel to get out there, the ammo, and bring a pile of guns for them to try. Some anti-gun people with an open enough mind to "See what the big deal is" have come with me to have trigger time, and they see why I care about guns, and how they aren't just some dangerous death instruments that kill everything that comes within 10 feet.

These people will tell their liberal friends that they had fun, and it's not as terrible of a thing. This gives us ammo against gun control acts. Don't discount people for their political beliefs so easily.

I would like to know if any of the gentlemen on this board complaining about scalpers have any sort of investments? A home, Gold, Silver, Stocks, Bonds, anything that increases in value? I am wanting to pick up some Gold, but I don't want to pay Fair Market Value, I feel I am entitled to pay what you paid, anyone? I was busy, doing other things and didn't bother buying in when gold was cheap. If any of you bought Gold when it was $250 an ounce, please contact me, I would like to purchase 50 ounces ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Buying investments is a different entity. People know the value is meant to fluctuate, and nobody else will have that item for a lower cost.

Buying all of the ammo off the shelf so that nobody else can get them at what *is* the fair market value, and selling them in a market controlled by people doing the same thing... That is scalping. The production is still making new cartridges every day, and they are in an artificially low supply due to people stockpiling with intentions to resell it.

Earlier today on an ar15.com thread, I saw somebody post a link to an ammo deal, and a few posts later having some guy say he bought 50,000 rounds of it, with a screenshot of his emailed receipt for $7k. He added every last round in his cart and bought it all up, and nobody else could get in on it. He likely has plans to double his money by flipping it.

Call it capitalism if you want... But it makes you a huge bubblegum.

Buying investments is a different entity. People know the value is meant to fluctuate, and nobody else will have that item for a lower cost.

Buying all of the ammo off the shelf so that nobody else can get them at what *is* the fair market value, and selling them in a market controlled by people doing the same thing... That is scalping. The production is still making new cartridges every day, and they are in an artificially low supply due to people stockpiling with intentions to resell it.

Earlier today on an ar15.com thread, I saw somebody post a link to an ammo deal, and a few posts later having some guy say he bought 50,000 rounds of it, with a screenshot of his emailed receipt for $7k. He added every last round in his cart and bought it all up, and nobody else could get in on it. He likely has plans to double his money by flipping it.

Call it capitalism if you want... But it makes you a huge bubblegum.

Agreed! I was going to say the same. *FAIR* market value is what stores are selling products for. Artificially, consumer/scalper driven market values are over inflated by certain people such as the fellow who bought 50k rounds of amm so that no one else could buy it with the intention of reselling at way over inflated price. These actions are keeping these ridiculous prices high.

TapRackNGo, that is not an accurate analogy. Buying lots of ammo 20-30 years ago and selling it to day would be an investment. Buying the max allotted per customer and bringing your wife and kids and doing 5 separate transactions so that you can clear a shelf at Bi-Mart with the intention of reselling at over inflated prices is not an investment. Its called being an a$$hole. Get a real job, and quite contributing to panic pricing.

And I have seen a few others on here doing this and I do it as well to do all I can to bring prices back down. When I sell something or want to trade I post prices or trade value as. "pre-panic for pre-panic" or "panic for panic." So if you want to trade with me I'd much prefer to trade with someone who trades at pre-panic values. But if you are an idiot and want panic value for your trade I'll be more than happy to inflate my item to panic price to match your trade. In the end its a wash to trade at panic values but some can't see passed their noses...

Buying the max allotted per customer and bringing your wife and kids and doing 5 separate transactions so that you can clear a shelf at Bi-Mart with the intention of reselling at over inflated prices is not an investment. Its called being an a$$hole.
No, it's called being an alcoholic because the little bit of money they make by scalping the ammo goes right down their throat.

Agreed! I was going to say the same. *FAIR* market value is what stores are selling products for. Artificially, consumer/scalper driven market values are over inflated by certain people such as the fellow who bought 50k rounds of amm so that no one else could buy it with the intention of reselling at way over inflated price. These actions are keeping these ridiculous prices high.

TapRackNGo, that is not an accurate analogy. Buying lots of ammo 20-30 years ago and selling it to day would be an investment. Buying the max allotted per customer and bringing your wife and kids and doing 5 separate transactions so that you can clear a shelf at Bi-Mart with the intention of reselling at over inflated prices is not an investment. Its called being an a$$hole. Get a real job, and quite contributing to panic pricing.

Just for the record I don't do that, nor do I agree with people clearing out the shelves. Bringing family members so they can max out limits, wouldn't have thought of it, but I guess some people do it. I guess I just look at everything as a learning experience. But, I did buy a few extra PMAGs a couple months prior to the election and threw them up on Gunbroker for a penny with no reserve. I didn't gouge anyone, I set the auction at a penny, the market determined the price.

On other forums I belong to they have a capitalism thread. That is where almost all current threads belong..

I love those forums because it clears up for the honest people. I do not even look at the accessories thread because it is polluted with insane people and prices.

The rifle section is terrible as well.

The best part is I see people who forget what they post and at what price and get questioned and then the thread closes.

Example: SA SS Mil-spec $699 then reposted for $995 and forgot to delete old thread.. :) :) :) That is my Fav

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Wow, what a bunch of capitalists we have here. I have news for you. I won't sell you one single thing I own for less than its market value. Not my home, not my gold, not my pickup, and not my primers.

Would someone like to buy 10k cci primers from me? Well, I'm not obligated to sell them and if I do, I'm going to get as much as I can for them. Make me an offer I can't refuse. It will be very high before I'm interested in selling.

Hey. They are my primers. Yes, I kept Bi Mart cleaned out of primers when there was a decent supply and no limits. I made the rounds of three stores daily and cleaned them out.

Maybe you'd like to buy a side of 20# of .223 powder or Bullseye or another added flavor to go with those primers.

Why in this world would I sell anything for less than it's worth today?

Wow, what a bunch of capitalists we have here. I have news for you. I won't sell you one single thing I own for less than its market value. Not my home, not my gold, not my pickup, and not my primers.

Would someone like to buy 10k cci primers from me? Well, I'm not obligated to sell them and if I do, I'm going to get as much as I can for them. Make me an offer I can't refuse. It will be very high before I'm interested in selling.

Hey. They are my primers. Yes, I kept Bi Mart cleaned out of primers when there was a decent supply and no limits. I made the rounds of three stores daily and cleaned them out.

Maybe you'd like to buy a side of 20# of .223 powder or Bullseye or another added flavor to go with those primers.

This is a prime example of why prices are high right now. Artificial short supply...

I was smart enough to stockpile LONG before there was a short supply. Am I selling any of my stuff now? NOPE. Why? Because I don't want to have to replace any of it with overinflated goods. I'm waiting it out.

I guess a guy can justify SCALPING by saying it was the buyers fault by not stockpiling months ago when prices were good, and this is what they get.... Well that just not being a good neighbor. We are all in the shooting sport to have fun, not rip our brothers off in the process... I'm all for making money. I buy, sell, trade stuff all the time but and I have never lost money on any of my deals, but at the same time I haven't scalped anyone either.... There's a difference between scalping and making a few bucks.

Give the general populous a chance to buy the stuff the need at fair market value (store retail, NOT scalper overinflated value) and prices would start to come back down in a hurry...

Well if you ever need help like a tow or something I would charge you a grand per mile. That seems fair.

Let's do the math here, cost and amount of primers this gentleman have. (These are just etimates)

3 (visits) X $35 (price of primers per 1K, the gentleman mentioned he cleans out Bimart on each of his 3 visit) = $105 (cost per 3K primers/day).

$105 (cost per 3K primes/day) X 365 (total days in a year) = $38, 325 (this gentleman's total cost of primers only, in a one year period)

3K (purchased on a daily basis) X 365 (total days in a year) = 1,095,000 primes (I would not be advertising if I have this many, not unless off course this gentleman is a licensed reloader)

That is a big number of primers you have bought and own. WOW!!!

Remember this are just estimates.

Here's another fair deal... Hope others follow, my gal came home withh the wrong powder sooo instead of making a profit I sold it to another member, 2 #'s of 308/223. Powder, 26 and 30 bks just what I paid!

He is coming Monday into town, FTF if he is a no show iwill post it Monday afternoon.

RL15 and IMR 4895

Thanks Dan for the opportunity to buy the RL15 and 2520 at normal pricing. You Da Man!
and nice talking with you.
Thanks Tripp

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews