JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have this really bad habit of saving cardboard boxes from things. I have boxes from various car parts, most of my firearms, shoes, computer cases, it's like I'm a hoarder but I'm not, lol. So yeah, I have tons of boxes laying around at home. Why? I'm not really sure, I figure I may need it to ship or hold things later. Right behind me I can see boxes for my laptop, my Ruger 10/22, the exhaust I bought for my car a few years ago, some other stuff haha.

Most new guns come with little pieces and parts. Rails, screws, stupidass interlock keys, test-fire brass, extra grips, allen wrenches, and cheapo cable locks come to mind. I add and subtract things too, like springs, optics, grips and trigger kits, etc. If I ever sell the gun or when family inherits it, everything will be right there in the box.

Certainly works with pistols, not so much with longer rifle boxes.

I break big cardboard down when I toss it, but wouldn't it be a hoot to see the look on your liberal neighbors' faces if you put all your old rifle/shotgun boxes out by the street for recycling at once?

It funny may dad was just giving me a hard time about this a few days ago.. I have every box for all my long guns with the purchase receipt taped to the inside.
Not sure why i ever started do this though..lol

I used to keep boxes for everything... In the 1980's, it would increase the resale value of things... I stopped doing that when I found out that, box or not, my VCR or DVD player wasn't worth squat. I do keep camera/lens boxes, but I break them down; they have added a smal amount of resale value, since many camera people seem to be nerds about that kind of thing. When I visit my parents/in-laws, I'm always shocked by the HUGE pile of boxes that they have accumulated over the years. It seems like the garage and attic are full of boxes for old Dell laptops and DVD players; much of it is for stuff they don't even own anymore. Space is valuable, empty boxes, for the most part, are not.

I'm not trying to knock anyone for keeping them, just answering the OP. :cool:

I have the boxes from pistol purchases since it is a good place to keep the odds and ends that comes with the gun. The only rifle or shotgun box I ever kept was the one that came with my Bushmaster AR since it is a plastic carrying case.

I didn't keep mine, because I lived in an ultra liberal suburb of boston, so I put it out a day early from trash day, in such a way that anyone driving up the street would see them.

Then, I'd pick them up before the trash guys came, put them on my deck and did it again the next week. Did this a few times until a neighbor wised up, and shredded them up after a small drizzle.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top