JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm refurbishing an old Savage 187 .22 cal semi-auto that came without a butt plate. Cheapest one I can find is $20, which seems like a lot for a rifle that might be worth all of $100 fully restored. I was thinking about using a piece of aluminum diamond plate instead, since i have a lot of it laying around. I think it would look pretty cool. What do you guys think?

Are you "restoring" it or just making it look better for shooting?

Numrich has originals for $14.95 and it will ship via USPS. Call me weird but "diamond plate" belongs on trucks and jeeps. I kind of like original when it comes to firearms.

I'm just making it shootable again. I did the diamond plate thing. Looks pretty cool actually. I can always replace it with something else if it suits me. I've got a couple of these that I've cleaned up now. Both of them started out looking like they had been in somebody's pickup bed for a few years. Anything would have been an improvement. Soon as I see which one shoots better I'll probably sell the other one.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top