JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
for this price you should swap your children for this rifle.

Got it last week after a five day wait for Cabela's to ship it to the store.

Pictures to come.

Black Tupperware stock. Metal trigger guard. Plastic bottom metal. Two action screws, one trigger guard screw. Varmint barrel. 1/9 twist. Should be good to 75gr or so.

Bott quite snug in action. Trigger set a little high by factory.

Out of the box the rifle feels pretty good, but it is nose heavy because the barrel is heavy and the stock is so light. Since it's always going to be fired from the bench, it's not a big deal, but this would not be fun to try and shoot off hand.

Added a Blackhawk pic rail and use Loctite blue for the screws. I've had too many loose scopes. Removed the swivel studs at the same time so the rifle slides on my bags.

Adjusted the trigger to the minimum using the factory provided tool. Reassembled, and used torque wrench to set 30 pounds on both action screws. Screwed in trigger guard screw hand tight.

Weaver t series 36x target scope small dot.

I had a bunch of 62 grain SS 109's. Took them to break in the barrel.

Carefully loaded used lake city brass then head that have been small base resized and trimmed to length. Cci benchrest primers because that's what I had and I like them.

I measured out to the 1/10th grain of H 4895, two sets of rounds from 24.5 to 25.3 which should give me a vertical ladder on the paper. Sierra 69 grain match king.

When I shoot ladders, I was trying to shoot two sets to compare against each other.

At 100 yards (I know that's too close but I needed to boresight the rifle and I was too lazy to go to a separate range)

Ss109s and sight in.

IMG_1294.JPG

First ladder

IMG_1293.JPG

Second ladder

IMG_1295.JPG

Those are both 10 shot groups.

I pulled one shot second time round.

I am rather amazed that a full grain powder difference didn't effect point of impact more.

I think I found my load but going to check at 300 and see.

Overall, I am absolutely amazed this rifle. Comes in 204, 223, 6.5 Creedmore, and 308. If you need to bolt gun and want accuracy out of the box, this one is for you. Total spent on rifle, rail and scope, 750.

Last Edited:
Yes. They have three price points no sale at 419, good sale at 369 and awesome sale at 319. Savage has a 100 rebate for Q4 for the last three years at least. Got a 10 hunter last year for my son.

Still better and cheaper than a Remington 700

I bought the same rifle in .223 but too busy to test it out. The stock is not that bad. Just got a bipod for it. I am thinking of modifying the magazine. Thanks for your report.

I bought the same rifle in .223 but too busy to test it out. The stock is not that bad. Just got a bipod for it. I am thinking of modifying the magazine. Thanks for your report.
I am going to replace trigger first then stock but no hurry. Neither are bad really just the after markets are better.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top