JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Garrytopshop here, Our Shop have built hundreds of AR Tops and We headspace everyone, We also test fire every AR Top, When I went to school some 50+ years ago we were told that correct head spacing is very important and should not be over looked.

How do you "headspace everyone"? Are you headspacing or confirming headspace? Headspacing an AR is a product of barrel manufacturers not assemblers. If the manufacturer has done a proper job than headspace is not an issue.

First off, because of the design there shouldn't be a head space issue.
I have not read the rest of the posting but I would like to clarify this statement I made. By design the bolt locks into the barrel and if they are properly machined then you should not be having a head space issue. Clearly, whoever built your upper did a really lousy job.

I have not read the rest of the posting but I would like to clarify this statement I made. By design the bolt locks into the barrel extension and if they are properly machined then you should not be having a head space issue. Clearly, whoever built your upper did a really lousy job.

Fixed it for you.

when in doubt, small base or full length die.make sure you "cam over."also try factory ammo.

MY ars dont like neck sized brass.

Good post. I would also never neck size for an AR. However, none of my AR's require the use of a small base die either. Most guys you talk to regarding this, also say they just use a FL sizing die. I like Ron's post on the precision mic. They are handy and let you know exactly how much you need to to size your brass, based on shoulder set back. I expect this from Ron, usually he knows his stuff...

heres the barrel extension measurements.

extension.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads