JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Yes thanks tac. Boyd's is the one resource I had found. I did not see the multiple options though. I thought the target type was the only choice. The second time through, I figured out the website. I will be getting the rimfire hunter in walnut. Can't beat that for 172 bucks.
All the help is very much appreciated guys.

Yes.......but I can't remember what it is.......will look it up. He purchased several of the Northern California stock makers after they went out of busisness. Give him a call........but I will look it up too. Walnut grove Gunstock's. He also sells some magnificent large slabs. Tell him you talked to Dave Wright.

Hey, we're probably related to some extent. My mother's maiden name is Wright, and my grandfather was named Robert Orville Wright... cousin or great cousin I believe.

Explains my "above average" mechanical aptitude and other "talent stacks". ;)

Hey, we're probably related to some extent. My mother's maiden name is Wright, and my grandfather was named Robert Orville Wright... cousin or great cousin I believe.

Explains my "above average" mechanical aptitude and other "talent stacks". ;)
All we European Wright's are related somewhere. My great grandfather immigrated from Ireland in the 1880's. We are Irish Protestant's from northern England and Scotland. (we have common ancient Pict ancestry from that area) They got land in Ireland after my many times great grandfather James did Oliver Cromwell's bidding (James was a captain in Cromwell's new army) and put the Irish village of Drogheda to the sword after they refused to surrender. We also have a fascinating relative Fortunatus Wright, one of the most famous English pirates of his day.......... he hated the French and Moor's (Muslims), hunted them successfully for decades. Look him up......he lived a life people wouldn't believe in a novel. I met some of the cousins in Europe a few years ago, great successful intelegent people that love freedom, leaving the EU (and Trump). They were carriage builders in older times and still own the family flax mill.

Last Edited:
As an aside, far from being a 'village' Drogheda was a major city and seaport on the River Boyne, with extensive murage, as evinced from this photo of the only remaining town gate - the St Lawrence Gate.

St._Laurence%27s_Gate%2C_Drogheda_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1055832.jpg

You are looking uphill, into the city proper, in the direction of the cathedral.

This view is from the fort of Millmount, on the Southern bank -

St-Peters-Church-Drogheda.jpg

Cromwell is not a name you mention here unless you wish to leave with your teeth in your pocket.

tac

We spent a couple of weeks at Carrickdale near there and wandered the city a lot. There is a great pub/restaurant across from the cathedral we frequented..........guess it was good we were quiet. My wife is a recovering Catholic, that might have helped.

Last Edited:
don't know if he still is in business, met a guy named Joel russo who made stocks in pa when I was TDY there standing up their Stryker brigade. he has/had a website, made a couple stocks for friends over the years I sent to him

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top