JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
is logging done or is shooting @ camp 5 is ok? i was under impression its closed till june sometime?
on Tillamook forestry website says that logging is in effect which was updated back in Jan. I didn't see any logging going on while I was up there, no signs, nothing. A Dept. of Forestry guy drove by and waved guess we are in the clear!

is logging done or is shooting @ camp 5 is ok? i was under impression its closed till june sometime?
There was a poor map posted of the area. It looked to me that the Camp 5 shooting area was just out of the logging boundary.

went up to the quarry on Camp 5 road today, thanks Mike, no one was up there. The roads are clear no snow at all.
Dood! Buy a lottery ticket!

Did you see evidence of logging on the West side of the road in?

W, collectively, look like a-holes. The truth is normally this place is worse. I found it ironic someone's litter included the "green" bioammo boxes for their shells. We need to do better.

IMG_1096.jpeg IMG_1097.jpeg IMG_1098.jpeg IMG_1099.jpeg

W, collectively, look like a-holes. The truth is normally this place is worse. I found it ironic someone's litter included the "green" bioammo boxes for their shells. We need to do better.

1687818480446.png
There were "NO SHOOTING signs at that spot, weren't there?

There were "NO SHOOTING signs at that spot, weren't there?
Well, I didn't see any, and if there were I hope I didn't miss them. Clearly people had been shooting recently, and others stoped to use it when I was leaving. I also checked the main board right past the turnoff to see if there were any restrictions posted and the only signs relevant to shooters asked them to police their brass, to not shoot over roadways and trails, and make sure timber workers were not working where bullets might go.

View attachment 1443754 View attachment 1443755 View attachment 1443757 View attachment 1443761
I understood the first two miles in of Salmonberry were off limits until further notice, due to logging…

Either way, typical for this area, there's a class of shooters who just won't pick up after themselves. But sure will bubblegum and complain when these areas get shutdown…

:s0054:

I understood the first two miles in of Salmonberry were off limits until further notice, due to logging…

Either way, typical for this area, there's a class of shooters who just won't pick up after themselves. But sure will bubblegum and complain when these areas get shutdown…

I didn't see any signs last week or two. Just before that there was a sign at the entrance saying no shooting until mile post 2 or something like that.

Summer is getting rough at times. My last trip to Wolfcreek I was setting up at lane 3. A group of three 20 somethings pulled up and asked to share. I obliged. 2 of the 3 were cordial but #3 wore a mask, wouldn't look my way or speak to me. I already had my electric ears on and he directed their driver to find another spot. I don't know if he understood e-muffs or didn't care. They moved on, which was better for me.

There wasn't any visible current logging activity anywhere near the fist pit, or apparent near the 2nd, FWIW. I heard that it was closed for logging which is why I checked the main board before continuing. If it looked closed I'd have gone to Wolf Creek or elsewhere in the forrest.

Last Edited:
Interesting there's no signs posted, according to the official web site, Salmonberry and its spurs are closed, at least that's what this official link says:

I'd recommend calling and checking with ODF to be sure.

Or claim they're responsible law-abiding gun owners when grousing about government regulations. They aren't. Responsible people don't push their inconvenient messes onto the public to deal with, and litter is a crime, even if it's only a Class C misdemeanor.

closed to target shooting, not driving. Im not sure they can close public roads outside of a special situation? I was there about a month ago, dont recall seeing any signs on the reader board or any active logging right on Salmonberry proper.
The "Natural Selection" Timber sale is supposed to be right off the road there. (map)

Interesting there's no signs posted, according to the official web site, Salmonberry and its spurs are closed, at least that's what this official link says:

I'd recommend calling and checking with ODF to be sure.
Yep, calling is the best bet. The ODF office, for the Salmonberry Rd, is 503-357-2191 in Forest Grove.

Yep, calling is the best bet. The ODF office, for the Salmonberry Rd, is 503-357-2191 in Forest Grove.
I was under the impression that all the little turn outs, maybe except for one(?), between the highway and that big pit on the left fork of the road had been signed closed because there weren't suitable back stops. MichaelH' picture looked like one of those. The only time I've done anything out there on the salmonberry Rd was when we did the clean-up with an OHA group several years ago.

I was under the impression that all the little turn outs, maybe except for one(?), between the highway and that big pit on the left fork of the road had been signed closed because there weren't suitable back stops. MichaelH' picture looked like one of those. The only time I've done anything out there on the salmonberry Rd was when we did the clean-up with an OHA group several years ago.
I never saw any individual spot with signage. There are several places with good backstops but the only problem is the available distance. 100 yards is hard to get unless you get creative or want to climb over obstacles.

There are at least two rock pits so I'm not sure which one people are referring to. One is to the left of the road splt then down 1/4 mile or so. The other is when you continue straight at the split then turn right.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top