JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you could nail down the GPS location, I can notify ODF about it.

Wow. So disgusting. A motor home?
I kinda traced it down via Gaia GPS. My signal in the area is pretty crappy. It's at a dead end junction where an ATV trail and road meet.

5FE63E39-6B63-46A6-AC69-28497E732E20.png

NOAA snow depth models still show the area under 1-2ft of snow. Weather forcast doesnt look good for a faster meltoff, i think it could be 3 or more weeks befor roads up there become clear enough to drive on the mainlines. Would love to hear otherwise....

Drove passed there today. Hwy 26 is clear but still Snow off road. Doing my taxes I just saw a picture I have from 4/6/22 of me shooting there. It was sunny but a few inches of snow. Today in the 30s and wet.

Heres the NOAA snowpack website I bookmark for snow depth in the woods. I centered this on the Salmonberry road target shooting spots... the map toopgraphy sucks, so you'll probably have to trust me on that but this is salmonberry (Wolk Creek in to the right...)
Im my experience the white and grey areas typically roads are clear enough. The first shade of blue is sometimes drivable but as the shades get darker your into forest roads with snow still on them.

I would wait until theres no more darker blue...

screenshot
1680743884654.png

The roads should be clear, the question now is if the new logging operation closes access via Salmonberry rd at hwy 26?

The roads should be clear, the question now is if the new logging operation closes access via Salmonberry rd at hwy 26?
I went last week to the rock pit on Camp 5 road, coming down Salmonberry rd you do drive thru logging areas but nothing was really stopping or preventing you. The first pit that would always have a lake in the middle of it is being used for equipment repair and they have trees cut down all around it. Going up Salmonberry road towards the 4 way intersection with Wheeler Rd the sides of the road has piles of trees. I went at sunrise so it was before any crews started work. When I left, I took Wheeler Rd to 26 which had no actual logging but is closed due to the proximity to the loggers.

Snow report: there's still a lot. Camp 5 road had at least a foot in those shady areas that never see sun. And it's that crappy snow that refreezes after a small melt. I had to use 4wd just to access the rock pit. The backside of Wheeler Rd that loops above and around that rock pit and connects with Camp 5 road also has snow in its shady portions. I'm gonna make another visit post work week next week to see if this heat wave helped a bit.

I went last week to the rock pit on Camp 5 road, coming down Salmonberry rd you do drive thru logging areas but nothing was really stopping or preventing you. The first pit that would always have a lake in the middle of it is being used for equipment repair and they have trees cut down all around it. Going up Salmonberry road towards the 4 way intersection with Wheeler Rd the sides of the road has piles of trees. I went at sunrise so it was before any crews started work. When I left, I took Wheeler Rd to 26 which had no actual logging but is closed due to the proximity to the loggers.

Snow report: there's still a lot. Camp 5 road had at least a foot in those shady areas that never see sun. And it's that crappy snow that refreezes after a small melt. I had to use 4wd just to access the rock pit. The backside of Wheeler Rd that loops above and around that rock pit and connects with Camp 5 road also has snow in its shady portions. I'm gonna make another visit post work week next week to see if this heat wave helped a bit.
thats an excellent report, it sounds like you can still access the area but not target shoot in the first two pits on Salmonberry rd direct. Sounds like the Camp 5 rock quarry will be busy this year...

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top