Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Salmonberry Area clean up?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by sadiesassy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

Amazing what crap there is once the snow melted.
    I was at the lower site today

I was wondering if it was worth pulling together a clean up party for some of the Salmonberry road sites?

Not sure how / where you dispose of the trash. If someone had input would appreciate

Log trucks were busy on the road.

2. pinne65

pinne65 Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I go there and shoot every once in a while. And I worry the sites might get closed down because of all the littering. If you are putting together a party I'd be willing to help. Don't know where to dispose of the stuff though...

3. mowmer

mowmer Hillsboro,OR Member

I'm in, if it's a day I have off of work. New to the area and looking for places to shoot. Have been up to brown's camp and it's really littered. Can't believe they haven't shut it down. So if there's people giving a damn and cleaning up these places I'm in.

4. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Check with the foresty. They may be able to help.

5. sadiesassy

Thanks
    I will also check with Oregon Solv

6. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

Salmonberry... is that about mp31 on Hwy26??? Also has a sign SECTION 10... right at turn off??? Let me know when your going I might get up there??? depending on Date.

7. sadiesassy

Salmonberry is about milepost 32. It is about a quartermile past the small pull out around milepost 32. Coming from the east you will not see the sign until you are on top of it. Sign says Salmonberry road.

8. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

ahhhh Yes I have seen the Salmonberry sign road sign when I cross a few roads back in the hills...