JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another area west of Salem is BLM land off Gooseneck Creek Road. Take 22 west. Just after Buell ( before Spirit Mountain) look for Gooseneck Creek road on your left. Take it about 4 miles. A BLM road will be on your left. Plenty of places to shoot. I used to go there. Now I go to Albany Rifle and Pistol Club.

Lots of BLM land W. of Falls City. Go to Falls City, turn left, over the bridge and up the old road to Valsetz. Anyone in town can tell you which road to where Valsetz used to be. Check out some maps so you know where the BLM land is relative to various private ownerships.

Any ideas where? Mcminnville isn't too far from me...
uhm, mcminnville?? someone lied about good shooting out here.. You can go up out baker creek rd which turns into dirt and BLM but theres really no GOOD places i know of and ive lived in mac for 4 years and still looking.. its all mostly private out here... Out 26 is the best but then again thats far for you... you wont find crap out west salem either, its all private farm land.

gooseneck road right off 22 also, dorsey road out wallace road you may have to get a permit to use to the area, its right off the willamette with a beach and some mud pits. polk county respect yo!

Try the Forrestry Service. You can buy a map depicting who owns or manage land in your area. My Map is for NW OR and goes only down to Keizer. I see no publicly owned lands until you get close to the Tillamook/Yamhill counties border.

Good luck :(

A couple Fridays ago we went up to an area by Stayton was maybe 10 or 15 minutes out of Salem up Hwy 20 or whatever hwy that is that goes towards Detroit Lake. Its in the Santiam Unit. Was ontop of a hill there was some long distances up there. There was a shooting pit or two that said no target shooting but if you go farther up there was some.

We met a guy on his quad that bs'd with us for about 45 mins. You could also hear some shots in the distance.

A couple Fridays ago we went up to an area by Stayton was maybe 10 or 15 minutes out of Salem up Hwy 20 or whatever hwy that is that goes towards Detroit Lake. Its in the Santiam Unit. Was ontop of a hill there was some long distances up there. There was a shooting pit or two that said no target shooting but if you go farther up there was some.

We met a guy on his quad that bs'd with us for about 45 mins. You could also hear some shots in the distance.

Thats hwy 22 towards Detroit...can you be more specific? Was it before or after Stayton? Was the road on the left or right side?
Thanks! looking for somewhere closer than Gates..

Can I make a request? If you're sharing a spot, please post coordinates or a google maps link. This will help stop "I went up there and didn't see anything" posts :)

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=382

Scroll to bottom...it lists some places to shoot in Oregon

Thanks for sharing that. Just for the sake of posterity, I'm going to paste what I found from there that looks like it might be what jdub75 is talking about:

sigadvantage
For anyone around salem area I found a nice place about 25 min from town just take 22 towards detroit the turn left on the last street before north fork rd. It takes you up on the top of the ridge to state forest a couple of nice places to shoot . About 28 mi from west salem

I'll try to check it out soon. If I remember, I'll take some pics along the way and post them here.

I just took off yesterday w/ the Family to see if we could find it, and did. just past Lyons on 22, turn left on Wagner. Take Wagner up up up & it turns to Ayers Creek rd (although I don't remember seeing that sign). THere were signs pointing to Shellburg falls (which is a great hike BTW), so just follow those & you'll come upon a rock pit early on (not sure if that is in ODF/BLM land yet tho-so shoot there at your own risk. I saw very little remnants of shooting debris here, so I'll assume the sherrif runs folks out of that spot). A bit further up there were several spots to stop & shoot. In fact, I saw 3 different folks doing so.
There was ALOT of snow up there yesterday, so I'd say 4wd for now---some of the drifts in the road were about a foot deep.
here's the general area.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...816794,-122.594547&spn=0.032391,0.055189&z=14

Thanks for sharing that. Just for the sake of posterity, I'm going to paste what I found from there that looks like it might be what jdub75 is talking about:

I'll try to check it out soon. If I remember, I'll take some pics along the way and post them here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top