JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wife and I will both we working on St. Patrick's day. Neither of us are Irish, I am German and she's Swede/Norwegian/Portuguese, so no heritage ties, but I thought I'd give Corned Beef and cabbage a try. I decided to late to do it, so I got a Corned beef at Costco, got the veggies to add with it today and the Guinness is in the fridge. We also don't typically drink Guinness, so that's different for us to. But I am excited to celebrate a foreign holiday with the typical American version of it.:s0155:

EDIT: We don't typically drink Guinness because while it's fine and tasty, we are both enjoy beer with a bit more character to it. Don't get me wrong, Guinness is great, but we prefer to take advantage of the variety offered to us by living in the PNW.

Roth's (in the Salem area) and Winco typically have point cut corned beef briskets on sale for $1.99/lb this week.
I picked up a few earlier today at Roth's, and they were indeed $1.99/lb.

I threw a few in the freezer for pastrami, later on when it warms up and I get the smoker going.

Corned beef and cabbage and taters tonight though!

Roth's (in the Salem area) and Winco typically have point cut corned beef briskets on sale for $1.99/lb this week.
I picked up a few earlier today at Roth's, and they were indeed $1.99/lb.

I threw a few in the freezer for pastrami, later on when it warms up and I get the smoker going.

Corned beef and cabbage and taters tonight though!

Hmmm....may have to make a special trip to work early and pick a few up, I didn't even think of that!

Well I like corned beef and I love me some cabbage both steamed with butter and salt and my favorite RED German Style.

So I'm right with ya on the menu. But gots no Irish any where My Moms a Scotsmans widow and my wife was born in England but thats as close as it gets. (Wife is a US Citizen born abroad and because she was born in an English Nursing home she's also a Subject of the Queen of England) Yes she can pay taxes in both countries LOL

I dont think we can compete with the way most Irishmen will drink come St. Patty's...At least I wouldn't want to try.

Having our corned beef and cabbage tonight...bought an extra for Rubens later.

Well it came out GREAT!! It was super easy since I didn't have to brine the beef, just add the spices and boil, ad the veggies and boil some more and then add the cabbage and boil even more. It went great with the Guinness and both the wife and I were happy. I was going to get a picture, but by the time it was done I was starving, and I always feel wired photographing my food. I'll shoot pictures of beer all day, food just doesn't do it for me.

Also find it interesting with all the European nationalities, but without knowledge if European food/traditions...
Granted I'm Swedish (no, really, I was actually born and raised there...) but did know about cabbage before I moved to Seattle.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top