JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it just me or is the price hike on the Saiga 12 in the past two months ridiculous??:huh:
Why is it that everyone is using the excuse "they are going to ban them"?:bsflag: I have been hearing that for almost three months now and still, THEY ARE LEGAL TO OWN AND BUY!!:nuts: So why does that make your factory shotgun that you bought previous to three months ago worth 300$ more than you paid for it?:huh::huh:
My opinion is that the stupid scare tactic is just to drive the price up, which it has done! :s0131:
Are they really that great? Can they do anything my pump shotgun won't do?:gun19::shooting:
Am I missing something or do they fire money out the end of the barrel instead of bird shot?:huh: :gun04:

leave it up to the latest fad in tacticool weapons and all the hype. I bought a 410 version (for golphers) when they first came out for $200 along with the 762x39 version at the same price, I wouldnt pay what they go for now.

Is it just me or is the price hike on the Saiga 12 in the past two months ridiculous?

Hype and hysteria, caused by rumors of bans and bankruptcy.

Are they really that great? Can they do anything my pump shotgun won't do?

Yes. I can squeeze off 10 rounds, reload, squeeze off 10 rounds, reload, squeeze off 10 rounds...in under 30 seconds.

Keith

I saw one at a local bigger gun shop and asked what the price was, he said something like $1800.... "Because they banned em". I quit listening from there. It was a simple converted saiga 12, even the History channels Red Jacket only charges $895 and I figured they would think those were gold.
I will wait for my Keltec KSG, not semi but lots of carnage

Is it just me or is the price hike on the Saiga 12 in the past two months ridiculous??:huh:
Why is it that everyone is using the excuse "they are going to ban them"?:bsflag: I have been hearing that for almost three months now and still, THEY ARE LEGAL TO OWN AND BUY!!:nuts: So why does that make your factory shotgun that you bought previous to three months ago worth 300$ more than you paid for it?:huh::huh:
My opinion is that the stupid scare tactic is just to drive the price up, which it has done! :s0131:
Are they really that great? Can they do anything my pump shotgun won't do?:gun19::shooting:
Am I missing something or do they fire money out the end of the barrel instead of bird shot?:huh: :gun04:

Well, let's see, Can your "pump shotgun" accept a 30rd drum magazine???

Well, let's see, Can your "pump shotgun" accept a 30rd drum magazine???

Actually if I really wanted a drum magazine, yes...

<broken link removed>

Maybe its not 30 rounds, but I prefer the reliability of a pump. Just by pure engineering, there is less to go wrong. Do your job and assuming its a quality gun (or at least not a manufacturer screw up) and it will cycle everything it gets fed. No adjusting gas ports or pistons. Just stoke it and run it.

I'd like to play with a 20 gauge Saiga, but not at these prices. I'll wait until the hysteria is over and get one then...

I have this theory about why Arsenal Inc of Las Vegas would be a large finical contributor to Senator Harry Reid, but I won't go over that again. This isn't some start of an Internet rumor but according a Lee Horton sales rep, there is another boat load of Saiga 12's coming in. Go figure.

Bottom line: watch out for the Patriots for Profit as our own fellow gun owners are sometimes our own worst enemy.

SF-

That Sidewinder has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Why? It looks like a good concept. Reliability issues? Low sales volume?

Keith

IMO and only MHO, this isn't some start of a flame war so if the following comment offends you PM me your address and I'll send you a box of tissues.... The side winder magazine was a piece of junk.

SF-

I have this theory about why Arsenal Inc of Las Vegas would be a large finical contributor to Senator Harry Reid, but I won't go over that again. This isn't some start of an Internet rumor but according a Lee Horton sales rep, there is another boat load of Saiga 12's coming in. Go figure.

Bottom line: watch out for the Patriots for Profit as our own fellow gun owners are sometimes our own worst enemy.

SF-

It's my understanding that the first batch of new Saiga rifles (no idea if it includes shotguns) is already in customs hands, and it's just a matter of dotting the i-s and crossing the t-s.

P.S. One of the new importers has them on their web page, WOLF Performance Arms - Home

IMO and only MHO, this isn't some start of a flame war so if the following comment offends you PM me your address and I'll send you a box of tissues.... The side winder magazine was a piece of junk.

SF-

Well, that pretty much sums up what I figured, since it only appears to have been on the market for a short time.

I'll stick with my Saiga :) .

Keith

It's my understanding that the first batch of new Saiga rifles (no idea if it includes shotguns) is already in customs hands, and it's just a matter of dotting the i-s and crossing the t-s.

P.S. One of the new importers has them on their web page, WOLF Performance Arms - Home
Even through them its still a $600 shotgun I dont think prices will fall below that for a while. people may advirtise lowers prices but I dont they have any on hand.

my thing is, how much is a new 11-87 or 1100 or any other semi-auto shotgun, let alone one that can take 10+ round mags? Even at 6 bills its not a bad deal. Yeah, you have to put some work and a little more $$ into them to convert them to make them "fun", but typically you would have to do the same to most any other auto loading shotgun to get something similar. As long as they stay available I don't really care what they cost. The market will dictate what they are worth. Plus you also have to factor in the weakening of the dollar into the price hike. The dollar ain't what it used to be on the international market.

my thing is, how much is a new 11-87 or 1100 or any other semi-auto shotgun, let alone one that can take 10+ round mags? Even at 6 bills its not a bad deal. Yeah, you have to put some work and a little more $$ into them to convert them to make them "fun", but typically you would have to do the same to most any other auto loading shotgun to get something similar. As long as they stay available I don't really care what they cost. The market will dictate what they are worth. Plus you also have to factor in the weakening of the dollar into the price hike. The dollar ain't what it used to be on the international market.

Yes.

Most AR's & AK's are easily the average Saiga 12 price now, just a different caliber...

And a LOT more fun!

Funny thing about Americans, when things are plentiful and cheap we ignore it and take it for granted. Once we are told we might not be able to own one, then and only then do we care about.

Somebody already compared the S12 to a high end 11-87, so let's compare it to a benelli shotgun (not the nova) like an M1 or there M4, huge difference in price and the durability is mastered in it's own perspective areas. I tell people that a benelli is like a ferrai(SP?) and the Saiga 12 is like a unimog. Personally after I got my S12 from Tromix I no longer had a desire to keep the benelli.

Is it worth the price hike? I don't think so, but then I got two so I am not an unbiased person to ask.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads