JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay, I have my Sturdy safe sitting on a pallet in the garage, waiting for touch up paint before rolling it into position. Now I am not really sure about a 160 pound non athletic 70 year old rolling that 700 pound safe around without having to resort to Medicare.

Any good installers around for the Salem area? Bonded, insured et all? Sportsmans Warehouse advertises Oregon Pro Arms, but what I am able to search out on them is not encouraging.

I used Fort Knox Northwest out of Canby based on a recommendation from a friend. Their number is 1(800)238-5669. Did a fine job and price was not unreasonable.

Go to a moving outfit, they'll send a couple of guys with the gear they need to move it.

If it's on a pallet now, and going in the garage, you could rent a pallet jack and move it yourself. You'll need a buddy to help you get the pallet away.

I've seen the videos put out by Dean's. One has a "This was done by a professional. Do not try this at home without help" disclaimer. I have a bunch of dowels and may give it a go, but I'd rather not have to be on a learning curve pushing a 700 pound safe around and trying to place it with any precision.

When I moved my 850 pound amsec BF series safe I used three lengths of 1 1/2" white plastic pvc tubing. You'll need help both to tip the safe to get it on the tubing, and also to always keep
a piece of tubing in front of the safe, as you roll it along. I used the same tactics with my big 1850 pound amsec BF series safe too, but I substituted 1 1/2" steel pipe and had two helpers.

The main thing is it just isn't worth losing a finger or a toe to save a few hundred bucks--You need to have patient helpers and plenty of time

I used Kirk at Liberty Safe. The job is done, but there were some bumps in t he road. I won't go into the details, but basically he had not encountered a Sturdy brand safe with fire lining.

I was pretty shaken at how easy Kirk could move around a 700 lb safe. You definitely want to make sure to bolt all safes down.

Also, Kirk is definitely a sales type. The Sturdy safe is almost 1/4 inch walls and 3/8 inch steel plate with 4 inch 3/16 inch steel C channel re-enforcement and he kept harping on UL rating. I am sure Liberty's 12 GA walls and 12 GA wrapped doors aren't going to best the Sturdy safe in preventing break in, UL rating or not. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top