JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I normally have stuck with SpeedBeez line of loaders in recent memory. The one I tried for the Model 29 kinda-sorta works, but it is so wide, it is awkward to reload to the point of almost being pointless.

I've never had good results with HKS loaders. I do, however, see SafariLand has them for this model. Yea or Nay on these? Thanks much. :)

I have used Safariland speed loaders II with my Smith and Wesson L frame 686 for PPC competition. They were good enough.

I didn't want the longer stem model. I figured that if I dropped them the rounds would be more prone to go flying all over the place. Not to mention, they stuck way out there.

As for the HKS....I used them when I carried on duty. They were tough enough. Of course, you don't want to drop any speed loader. But, there were times when it happened in practice (loaded). The rounds stayed in,. But, the ground was dirt not concrete.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......speed loaders (2 reloads) were a great improvement over what we had when I first started. LOL.....dump pouch (only 6 rounds) on the uniform belt.

Last Edited:
I use the comp III's for my K frame 66 in ICORE and comp II for make ready loading. Work great for half the price of speed beez. There's some good mods on YouTube but I haven't had any issues running them stock.

I had a couple of them come in today. I haven't had a chance to take them to the home range yet, but I did load them up and use them to fill the cylinder on the revolver a few times to get a hang of them. They load differently than others that I used, but I like them a lot thus far. :)

Last Edited:
I had a couple of them come in today. I haven't had a chance to take them to the home range yet, but I did load them up and use them to fill the cylinder on the revolver a few times to get a hang of them. They load differently than others that I used, but I like them a lot thus far. :)
I have a 629 and use the Safariland speed loaders. I didn't like the way the rounds were loose in the HKS speedloaders. They kind of rattled and sometimes didn't align just right. You then had to turn the knob to release them.

With the Safariland speed loaders, you just shove them in until you feel them "click" and release. With a little practice, I was able to pull the speed loader out, align, push until it released, and then just drop the speed loader.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top